Discuss Certificate for garden installation. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
HI all.
Sorry if this is in the wrong place.
Dec 6 2017 we had a garden installation form a local registered electrician.
This was power taken from the consumer unit in my garage.Down to a security light halfway down the garden on a wooden post.With a double socket also fitted to the post.Also power down to the summer house which included sockets and a light.
Certificate for work carried out was promised.Nearly a year later and after numerous phone calls and messages i am still waiting.
Do i need a certificate for work carried out.He told me i did so this is why i am still persuing it.
What can i do from here on.Is there a governing body i can get in touch with to report the problem to.
Many thanks
Oh and they were paid on the day of completion in cash as i got a sob story how skint he was lol.Yes he is still trading.

Hi,

If he’s still trading, you need to find out if he’s a member of one of the electrical schemes....either...NICEIC, NAPIT, STROMA.
If you find out that he is, and that should be very easily done.....each of those schemes has a way on their websites, to find out if someone is registered. All you need is his trading name.

If he is registered, ring them up and make a complaint.
They will be less than impressed with him.
However, I hope you have something tangible to link him to the job, cause otherwise, it will end up as he-said-she-said.........

Good luck

Hi,

If he’s still trading, you need to find out if he’s a member of one of the electrical schemes....either...NICEIC, NAPIT, STROMA.
If you find out that he is, and that should be very easily done.....each of those schemes has a way on their websites, to find out if someone is registered. All you need is his trading name.

However, I hope you have something tangible to link him to the job, cause otherwise, it will end up as he-said-she-said.........

Good luck
Many thanks for your reply Rodders.Yes i have a receipt for work done unfortunately it doesn't have who he is registered with on it.It does however say on his van and i think it's the NICEIC from what i remember.He lives in a local village so i can soon pop and see.Thanks again

Hi Murdoch.
It was the owner and 2 employees.
They were well looked after.Plenty of tea n coffee and bacon butties so it wasn't like we were crappy people to work for.

You need to write to them requesting the electrical certificate and part p certificate ......

Google competent persons scheme and do a search on him / them

Hi,

What Rodder099 said

Good luck

Many thanks for your reply Rodders.Yes i have a receipt for work done unfortunately it doesn't have who he is registered with on it.It does however say on his van and i think it's the NICEIC from what i remember.He lives in a local village so i can soon pop and see.Thanks again
now that what i call a client ,pm me and i wiil come round for dinner.so set the table up for me.:D
Liver and onions ok :confused:

Reply to Certificate for garden installation. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net