Discuss Cheat on the Inspection in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Ideally I would like to design rooms with furniture in mind and such that there aren't any outlets on exterior walls.

But as far as I know, every state requires outlets to be no more than 12 feet apart. I don't want to be restricted. Is there a way around this?

Here are some ideas. I often see on real estate listings that a bedroom is "non-conforming". Can I claim that every room in my house is a closet? Can I claim that I will be off-grid, and then put in a few outlets and get a power hook up later? Are there any exemptions I can claim, for example if I have sufficient rural acreage that can't potentially burn down a neighbor's house? Can I claim to be handicapped? Can I claim it's evil to destroy the environment by having excessive outlets? Can I bribe someone with a license on Craigslist to sign off on it? I know every rich person in California is building with illegal concrete in an earthquake zone so there must be ways around these kinds of things.

Thank you.

'No more tha 12 feet between sockets' doesn't sound like much of a imitation. In any case, nothing to stop you putting a sideboard on a wall which has a socket, it just means you can't use that socket.

Furniture changes, no inspector is going let not having the required receptacles in a residence pass, plan check has let a missing required receptacle go through, only to be caught in the final inspection, but omitting all of them on exterior walls is not going to fly. Only way to get around that is to build where there are no inspections & it would not be good for the value of the property. Not a good idea.

Ideally I would like to design rooms with furniture in mind and such that there aren't any outlets on exterior walls.

But as far as I know, every state requires outlets to be no more than 12 feet apart. I don't want to be restricted. Is there a way around this?

Here are some ideas. I often see on real estate listings that a bedroom is "non-conforming". Can I claim that every room in my house is a closet? Can I claim that I will be off-grid, and then put in a few outlets and get a power hook up later? Are there any exemptions I can claim, for example if I have sufficient rural acreage that can't potentially burn down a neighbor's house? Can I claim to be handicapped? Can I claim it's evil to destroy the environment by having excessive outlets? Can I bribe someone with a license on Craigslist to sign off on it? I know every rich person in California is building with illegal concrete in an earthquake zone so there must be ways around these kinds of things.

Thank you.
I’m not going to comment on your profile but hiring someone off of Craigslist is ridiculous, no true electrician with a license is not going to sign off on your problems. The reason is it is against the law. Suck it up and deal with it. Pretending to be handicapped is not only wrong but immoral. I don’t see where you get off saying that adding extra outlets is destroying the environment is ridiculous.

Thank you.

Reply to Cheat on the Inspection in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock