Discuss clarification on 705.411.1 (iii) in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

J

J@mes

"In all other circuits, RCD's with a rated residual operating current not exceeding 300mA"

Can I take this to mean that the cable from my 415v board that is supplying my 230v board about 30 meters away must be protected by a 300mA RCD?

Or can the cable just have overcurrent protection and then the circuits have their own RCBO protection in the 230v board?

thanks, James

Hey mate.

Off the top of my head your dealing with an agricultural installation??

What have you got as your main incomer in the 415V board??

Basically all S/O's need 30mA all other circuits i.e lighting heatinfg etc need 300mA.

Cheers.

thanks for replying - yes its an agricultural installation!

Will have to look at what the main incomer is some time this week.

in the BRB it only mentions that sockets up to 32A needs 30mA, over needs 100mA and ALL OTHER circuits must have 300mA.

had it said ALL OTHER FINAL circuits, it would have been a bit more clear :(

ah having re-read the last bit of your post it should be fine without RCD protection on the cable as long as the final circuits (1xsocket, 2x main lights 1x security light) are covered by 300ma RCD's.

Last edited by a moderator:
Agreed.

Although if there are any circuits in the 415V board that are to do with the barn/parlour/shed, then these will need 30mA or 300mA protection also, would be worth advising client if there are.

Cheers.

Reply to clarification on 705.411.1 (iii) in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock