Discuss Combi boiler cylinder stat in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net

T

Tomm

Hi all,

i I have my first combi to wore up next week. I have got the drawing here for the controller and it gives me terminals for a hot water cylinde stat,The system has no cylinder in it s it's a combi so I assume that somewhere in the boiler it has a built in stat? Like I said this is my first boiler job so I am a bit unsure with regards to the stat. I am confident with the wiring of the valves and room stats etc. Any advise would be appreciated.

thanks

Last edited:
Re: Combo boiler cylinder stat

If you know what type of boiler it is, download the installation manual for it as that will tell you what you need to know.

A combi only requires a one channel programmer and room stat for the heating. The hot water doesn't need any external control as it just functions when a hot tap is opened using sensors inside the boiler.

Thanks, to provide a bit more information, it's a second hand oil combi boiler I'm told as if not yet been to the job. The heating has been split into two zones with 2-port valves. I will be putting two stats upstairs and then one downstairs to control the valves. I will wire it in s-plan plus. It's the hot water I'm not sure about as its my first boiler job. Any help or tips would be great

If it's oil combi? Then don't worry about the hot water the boiler will take care of that once anyone turns on a tap the boiler will fire up.

if you get to site and see a tank then just wire the two port up to timer via the cylinder tank stat

if you understand how to wire s-plans etc then I don't think you have anything to worry about.

combi boilers make wiring easier.

Last edited:

Reply to Combi boiler cylinder stat in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net