Discuss Combi S plan ufh and rads in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
A combi is heating 5 ufh zones downstairs and 1 radiator zone upstairs. It has a two port valve for each. My question is, would you fit this with two wiring centres? One normal one that everything goes back to and then a separate ufh wiring Centre that all the stats and actuators connect to. Struggling to find a wiring diagram for this type of system. With multiple ufh zones and one rad zone.

Thanks

UFH wiring centre contains all the blocking diodes and relay, etc., so you really need to use one of these.
There's no electronics or electrical components in a Y or S plan wiring centre, so, as long as you can find some space inside, and there are spare cable clamps you can use, it should be feasible to make the simple connections for the radiator system inside the UFH centre casing using Wagos or similar.
More elegant with just the single box, but it'll probably totally confuse any future plumber that's asked to work on the system.

Last edited:
Ah yes good feedback and thanks for the reply and pdf. Got it better in my head now. Wired one the other day without the use of actuators as the ufh was just one zone. Couple weeks later, slight change and my head goes lol. Cheers

Reply to Combi S plan ufh and rads in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

i , i have a property to work on which has a programmable room stat upstairs and a programmable roomstat downstairs. S plan system , 2 zones. hot...
Replies
Views
I've always thought I was quite good a wiring heating systems, I can do Y plan, S plan, UFH set ups, "normal" thermal stores etc, you name it and...
Replies
Views
Hi does anyone have a S plan wiring diagram that incorporates a third zone to accommodate an underfloor heating system like polypipe? Would...
Replies
Views
Hello, I hope you are well, I have fitted a few Nests but only to Combi, S and Y plan systems just been looking a job where I’m doing the kitchen...
Replies
Views
Replacing 15 year old FAR Italian manifolds (2 downstairs, 1 up) with new Warmup units. However, old actuators have 4 core and new only have 2...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock