Discuss Compex Ex 01 - 04 course help (notes & advice) in the Industrial Electrician Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Hi all,

I am due to start the compex ex 01 - 04 at the end of June. From hearing back about a number of people who have failed the course it sounds like a tough, tricky course indeed. If you have any notes at hand to help with the course it would be great. Thanks. John

Join the facebook page "Compex Electricians". You will find some very good exam questions there. The exam is 60 questions in 2 hours, so you need to know at least 50% of the questions by heart.

Lots of threads about this.

If you use the search function you'll find them pretty quick.

One of the most recent:
Industrial - Compex Training Advice Available - https://www.electriciansforums.co.uk/threads/compex-training-advice-available.170720/
Hi all,

I am due to start the compex ex 01 - 04 at the end of June. From hearing back about a number of people who have failed the course it sounds like a tough, tricky course indeed. If you have any notes at hand to help with the course it would be great. Thanks. John

Do you still need help with this I have a lot of notes that you could find useful

On your practical exam, take note of where your putting your IP washers. Remember the course is looking for you to know THE MINIMUM SPECIFICATION for that piece of equipment. In real life we would slap IP washers on everything, but you will fail doing this. Its a constant reminder to know the course inside out. I've been a Compex Inspector for a few years now, its hard work, but once done it looks very good on the CV and more importantly....more bucks for you! Take your time, get the glands right, do the barrier gland first. You'll be alright if you've got a brain dude! Good luck with it!

My advice is always to take your own knife and sharp braiding snips, they will save a lot of time and effort during the practicals.
I have attend this course on seven or eight occassions over the years and seen many struggle with the tools provided.

The new CompEx is horrendous with the computer based section. If you fail the instructors have no idea why when you go back for a resit. They’ve introduced random codes for things like a stuffing gland that I’ve never actually seen in the real world. It’s just a ----ing contest that should be scrapped in favour of a scheme designed improve people’s understanding of hazardous area electrical.

Do you still need help with this I have a lot of notes that you could find useful
Hi
Hi Josh,

any chance you still have the course notes?

I'm really struggling to find any revision material online to help prepare for the course

my firm are sending me on the course and havent told me roughly when it could be booked for so I'm trying to prepare now as i know its a tough exam

any help would be really appreciated

Hi

Hi Josh,

any chance you still have the course notes?

I'm really struggling to find any revision material online to help prepare for the course

my firm are sending me on the course and havent told me roughly when it could be booked for so I'm trying to prepare now as i know its a tough exam

any help would be really appreciated

Hazardous Areas For Technicians View: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/1912014955/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_lgkpEbFZXCJGE

Have a look at that book. It’s written by one of the training centres in it’sa good starting point.
CompEx isn’t really a course, it’s much more is an assessment, you’re really expected to have a reasonable grasp of the concepts and practicalities before you attend.

Hi everybody, I about to start training compex EX01-04 I really need all kind of notes I don't want fail so please send me notes to help me, theory and practical notes even book if you have

Reply to Compex Ex 01 - 04 course help (notes & advice) in the Industrial Electrician Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock