Discuss Consumer Unit in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

M

mff369

Hi I have a new consumer unit that only has an RCD and no isolator.Do I need one or can I come directly from the isolator from the meter?

Not the right section of the forum but not to worry.

If you have a new CU why do you need change things?

On the other hand what type of supply is it?

TT, TNCS or TNS?

Not the right section of the forum but not to worry.

If you have a new CU why do you need change things?

On the other hand what type of supply is it?

TT, TNCS or TNS?

Hi Jason, The supply is a TT, but looking to have meter moved so would supplier change this?
The reason for new consumer unit is because of an extension all the electrics had to be moved

If you are having the meter moved then when the DNO come to do a site survey, ask them if a PME conversion is possible, then you can do away with the earth rod.

One way you can tell if it is possible is the overhead supply cable.

If it appears to be a thick single cable then it is likely that PME would be do-able and they will provide an earth block.

If its 2 cables coming in then you will have to stick to TT, so you will have to install an earth rod.

Not being funny, but you should talk to your electrician (if you arent one) and he should be able to advise you etc, as this work will be notifiable to your LABC.

Reply to Consumer Unit in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock