Discuss Converting Crabtree Starbreaker to full RCBO..? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

sythai

-
Arms
Reaction score
Evening All

Quick question please and hope it's poss.

With an older star breaker split load DB, can I take out all the guts (apart from 100 DP iso) and convert to full rcbo?

Are all the 'plug in bits' a live terminal (e.g behind where RCCB currently is) ?

Would make my life easier if so ;-)

Thanks Sy

Attachments

• IMG_8027.jpg
    481.4 KB · Views: 14
you can't replace the RCD with RCBOs. I don't think.the terminal spacing is different.

The busbar is split, and the rccb bridges the gap. So if you remove that, there's no current to any terminals downstream. (I've made this mistake once lol).
I think you might be able to swap out the busbar for a non split-load.

The busbar is split, and the rccb bridges the gap. So if you remove that, there's no current to any terminals downstream. (I've made this mistake once lol).
I think you might be able to swap out the busbar for a non split-load.
ok thank you..... sounds promising, I'll give Crabtree technical a phone ;-)

probablybe cheaper to replace the whole board. then use the starbeaker board on a mate's job and get £80 for it.

Reply to Converting Crabtree Starbreaker to full RCBO..? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi Guys Forget to take cover off on last visit, back there Tue and need to sort some RCD protection. Will this rcbo fit in this 'older...
Replies
Views
Beware a little long. I served an electrical apprenticeship a long time ago, then went back to full time education immediately moving away from...
Replies
Views
Evening All Have a job causing me some issues. Random tripping on Starbreaker CU with RCD main switch. Is it possible with Starbreaker to swap...
Replies
Views
Hi Happy new year to you all. Ive just had a sort out of my stores. Please see below a list of electrical items for sale. Will sell individually...
Replies
Views
Hi folks, i have a 16 way British General CU which was configured as split load. I'm converting to all RCBOs which is fine apart from one small...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock