Discuss Converting Crabtree Starbreaker to full RCBO..? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

sythai

sythai

-
Arms
Reaction score
Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

Evening All

Quick question please and hope it's poss.

With an older star breaker split load DB, can I take out all the guts (apart from 100 DP iso) and convert to full rcbo?

Are all the 'plug in bits' a live terminal (e.g behind where RCCB currently is) ?

Would make my life easier if so ;-)

Thanks Sy

Attachments

• IMG_8027.jpg
    IMG_8027.jpg
    481.4 KB · Views: 13
N
Reaction score
The busbar is split, and the rccb bridges the gap. So if you remove that, there's no current to any terminals downstream. (I've made this mistake once lol).
I think you might be able to swap out the busbar for a non split-load.

OP
sythai

sythai

-
Arms
Reaction score
The busbar is split, and the rccb bridges the gap. So if you remove that, there's no current to any terminals downstream. (I've made this mistake once lol).
I think you might be able to swap out the busbar for a non split-load.
ok thank you..... sounds promising, I'll give Crabtree technical a phone ;-)

telectrix

telectrix

-
Mentor
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
probablybe cheaper to replace the whole board. then use the starbeaker board on a mate's job and get £80 for it.

Reply to Converting Crabtree Starbreaker to full RCBO..? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electrical News from Electricians Forums and Friends

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.