Discuss Cooker problem in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

When I say don't know a lot, I mean I don't know as much as a lot of people on this forum site. Only qualified 18 months ago, have not got the experience like a lot of you guys, still learning. I thought this site was to perhaps help younger inexperienced members, give advice if you can

You seem to be having trouble with your Echo Unit there son.

I was replying to Dillb's post. He was concerned I said " I don't know a lot".

I have thanked all the replies I have had as they have been useful info. Perhaps I did not explain my reply good enough. My apologies

Can't answer that one Ukmeterman, I don't know. I do a lot of work in kitchens/bathrooms, needed to get qualified to save having to call a sparky in to sign off works. This was course I was advised to do?

Can't answer that one Ukmeterman, I don't know. I do a lot of work in kitchens/bathrooms, needed to get qualified to save having to call a sparky in to sign off works. This was course I was advised to do?

Sparkies should NOT be "signing off works" they should be designing, installing and TESTING and NOTIFYING the lot.

You aren't the dick who did the abismal install in West End, nr Woking are you?

Murdoch, this is a 10 year inspection report I have carried out. I got myself qualified so I could design, install and test and notify. Saved me having to wait on a sparky to do it for me. Nothing wrong with that is there?

I actually listed it as PVC showing signs of deterioration. (PVC painted over, stretched around ceiling beams/timbers in the house etc). I use the wrong word "hard" above davesparks!!

Just trying to establish best way forward to sort this problem for the customer. Any further advice appreciated.

being painted over and neatly installed around beams is not deterioration of the PVC!

And if the pvc has deteriorated, especially to the point of needing to be replaced then I don't see how you can have assessed the installation as being satisfactory.

Murdoch, this is a 10 year inspection report I have carried out. I got myself qualified so I could design, install and test and notify. Saved me having to wait on a sparky to do it for me. Nothing wrong with that is there?

What qualifications do you have? I mean specific City and Guilds qualification numbers, not whatever 7 day nonsense the NAPIT crooks have conned you in to doing.

Reply to Cooker problem in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net