Discuss CSCS / ECS Card drudgery in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

you can still get a esc card as electrical labourer, and most sites are getting health and safety mad, ps most site will not go for the i left it at home story, and they will just tell you to go away
you may need to look in to getting a apprentership if you are under 25 saves you paying for it,
best thing to do is just pop down you collage to get a guide, i do not really trust all these get qual in 6 weeks course all they make you is a domestic installer lol

Had a look round the ECS site but can't find a labourers card.
Apprenticeship, over 25 as well so that routes out the window...

My only option is to fund my own time at college and put in the time on site now.

I started out down the domestic installer route and to be honest they should be banned... in hind sight!
They could leave a lot of so called domestic sparks clueless but still able to work.

Going down the NVQ route now cos I really don't agree with the 'Quick' courses anymore and agree that it's de-skilling and pretty much cheating those that have spent years to qualify properly.

Should've done the NVQ straight off. You live and learn tho.

I posted this question yesterday and although I had some help with it I still feel no better off regarding what to do.
My situation:
I have my NVQ2, C&G 2330 Level 2 + 3, currently unemployed with some experience on rewires. I recently spoke with an employer and he asked if i had a cscs card... I told him no, then he said to get one along with an 'ipass' (i think thats what he said)..... What i'm unsure on is - Should i get a labourers cscs card or do i need a ecs card? Because when i text this guy about it he said just get a labourers card for now.... I've rang ECS + CSCS and seem to get different advice off both of them. I am really frustrated and if someone could shed some light that would be fantastic. Ideally I just want to apply for a sparkys mate job and being allowed on to a construction site.
Cheers

Reply to CSCS / ECS Card drudgery in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net