Search the forum,

Discuss CT position for solar install in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi I currently on a job where the garage is having an office built above it with solar panels installed on the roof.

I have ran a 16mm 3 core swa for the sub main supply ( approx 50M ) this will be supplied from meter blocks at the mains position which the house supply also come from.

The inverter and batteries will be positioned in the garage and I am thinking if I put my CT on the line of the 16mm supply this should work. Can anyone confirm or recommend another option.

Thanks

Read the instructions but the ct coil will probably want to be between the meter and the Henley blocks otherwise the system will not charge and discharge the batteries in line with the grid supply.

Does the position you are suggesting measure the demand of the whole installation or just the sub-main load?

It's a bit late to suggest this but running EV cable that has data cores would have allowed a CT clamp at the origin to be connected to an inverter the 'other end'.

Thanks guys, that was my alternative thought, as I am running a cat 5 cable for Internet so it has crossed my mind to run another one for the CT just wasn't sure if it was necessary.

Instructions I am finding nowadays are getting worse for the amount of information tbh.

Thanks for the comments 🙂

Reply to CT position for solar install in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Replacing DB’s with all singing all dancing RCBO’s Problem’s we have now…Existing installation consisted of DB Grd Floor.. DB 1st Floor…Grd Floor...
Replies
Views
Morning all, Really hoping to get some advice / confirm what a few of us are thinking about a job in the future. Back ground - We have to swap...
Replies
Views
I have been asked to provide a quote for a supply to an toilet block on a campsite. The three phase supply to the campsite is approx. 150m from...
Replies
Views
Afternoon guys, I have a solar installation. The panels and Fox ESS hybrid inverter, Fox Cube batteries, are all installed in the garage. They...
Replies
Views
Hello fellow professionals, I'm currently facing a challenging scenario that involves the integration of solar photovoltaic (PV) systems on roofs...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock