Discuss cu change in bungalow in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

flukey

-
Reaction score
just been to see a cu change in a tiny bungalow.
only 4 circuits in existing cu. question is what board can i get away with fitting as they obviously dont want a dual rcd board. all advice welcome ;)

Its either that or a dual RCD CU.

Contactum is pretty good and fairly reasonably priced.
hi jason, ive got 3 brand new wylex 10 way dual rcd boards that i aquired at a very reasonable price but i didnt really want to waste one on a job like this, looks like i am gonna have to though :mad:

You gotta use 'em somewhere!!:D

However, i do see what you are saying.

I'd be thinking the same as you.

You gotta use 'em somewhere!!:D

However, i do see what you are saying.

I'd be thinking the same as you.
seems a false economy wasting a nice board like this on such a small place :mad: still if they decide to extend to the side, put a second story on, add a garage and garden shed along with a new shower and security lighting, the stannah stairlift and hoist at least they will have enough room on the board ;)

seems a false economy wasting a nice board like this on such a small place :mad: still if they decide to extend to the side, put a second story on, add a garage and garden shed along with a new shower and security lighting, the stannah stairlift and hoist at least they will have enough room on the board ;)

You are all heart:D

How much were the Wylex 10 way dual boards?

Cost of the 6way contactum cu + 4x rcbo's & 2x blanks £67.00 (thats with my discount from wholesaler)
Cost of a Wylex dual rcd 10 way cu + 4x mcb's & 6x blanks £50ish (again with discount)

Use your Wylex & you'll be loosing money as this job wont cover the potential income if the Wylex was used on a 2 storey property with more circuits.

Is your glass half full or half empty?

How much were the Wylex 10 way dual boards?

Cost of the 6way contactum cu + 4x rcbo's & 2x blanks £67.00 (thats with my discount from wholesaler)
Cost of a Wylex dual rcd 10 way cu + 4x mcb's & 6x blanks £50ish (again with discount)

Use your Wylex & you'll be loosing money as this job wont cover the potential income if the Wylex was used on a 2 storey property with more circuits.

Is your glass half full or half empty?
you must get a good discount then as i couldnt just about buy the rcbos for 67 quid, who is your wholesaler and what do you pay per rcbo?? :confused:
same with the wylex, 60 quid + vat at my wholesale + mcbs on top :mad:
looks like i could be changing wholesalers ;)

Hi flukey

well i was abit weary at the beggining but i tell u what they are preety good, ive had quite a few problems with mk breakers lately! But to be honest i havnt installed loads but what i have done are ok. O ye its plus vat too, not bad if ur on a budget.

Cheers

Hi flukey

well i was abit weary at the beggining but i tell u what they are preety good, ive had quite a few problems with mk breakers lately! But to be honest i havnt installed loads but what i have done are ok. O ye its plus vat too, not bad if ur on a budget.

Cheers
still cant see how notclever can buy a cu and rcbos for 67 quid as these rcbos add up to 58 quid on there own and ive never even heard of them :confused::eek:

screwfix do wylex 10 way, split CUs, dual RCD with all the mcbs for just under £100. You can then keep 6 of the mcbs for the next job!

Reply to cu change in bungalow in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock