Currently reading:
CU Height

Discuss CU Height in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

W

walsall

Evening All,
On a full refurbishment project which has 'client-expanded'since it was started I now need to get a two row CU as the number of circuitshave increased significantly. This is going in a cloakroom cupboard on a wallunderneath two ABB automation enclosures. Now that it's two row, the bottom of the board will only be 820mm fromthe floor. I’m not really pleased about this, but there is no real alternative.I can’t see anything in the regs which prevents me, but I guess it’s quite lowfor small children etc. Any views on this?

I could put locks on the front panels, but that’s a faffif the lights have gone out!

I will stop this before I say a Yorkshire pudding is better than getting stabbed in a suburb of greater Manchester

9f865815e09cc345bd30de4d1d83ce93.jpg

A disabled person local to here who is a wheelchair user said pretty much that about part m heights etc. They had their own house built and wanted everything at the normal heights, building control accepted this but the nhbc jobsworths refused to accept it!

Please elaborate! They had their own house built and wanted everything at normal heights! ?

Please elaborate! They had their own house built and wanted everything at normal heights! ?

I don't know the full details, it's something my dad told me about when I was an apprentice. It was one of his colleagues who dealt with it (he was a building control officer)
But basically yes, the guy thought the new heights looked ridiculous and after living in houses with normal height sockets for years he didn't want to change.
I think there was also an element of not wanting the government dictating how he must have his house built.

I don't know the full details, it's something my dad told me about when I was an apprentice. It was one of his colleagues who dealt with it (he was a building control officer)
But basically yes, the guy thought the new heights looked ridiculous and after living in houses with normal height sockets for years he didn't want to change.
I think there was also an element of not wanting the government dictating how he must have his house built.

I think we should all try to imagine what it'd be like to be disabled! Maybe some peoples views might change then!

Reply to CU Height in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock