Discuss Customisable consumer units in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

gazdkw82

-
Arms
Reaction score
I'm looking for a customisable consumer unit for a log cabin install. It seems most of these sorts of boards only come in larger sizes and I'm really only after a 4 way board.

I found Schneider and Hager do the fully customisable fronts but to be honest, just a black or brown board would be suitable.

Any recommendations??

I’ve made many bespoke CUs and control panels complete with switchgear..
What are you hoping to achieve and have inside them?

Have you got a design in mind?

4 way RCBO board. Log cabin is varnished wood so dark brown. I want the board to blend in as best it can. I'll be using only black cables so makes sense to keep the board either black or brown

Get some small diameter logs/sticks, split them down the middle and then glue them to the outside of the consumer unit. Actually, you could get a slice of a rough cut log and set the CU into it. You’d have to think of some inventive ways to hide the warning labels :rolleyes:

Schneider do customisable inserts for the front panel. But I wood (get it!) be popping to Halfords for a tin o spray paint I think. Can't see how it would jeopardise the components if done correctly. Best to check the MI's though cos they will generally do ANYTHING to get out of a Guangdong.

Edit: that should say guarantee!

I have taken quite a few items to a spray shop; CUs, control panels, outdoor enclosures, speaker grilles,
They done a really good job

why not use bare copper clad MICC cable. loos good on wood.think it was davesparks posted a pic of some he did once.

why not use bare copper clad MICC cable. loos good on wood.think it was davesparks posted a pic of some he did once.

I did indeed, but it's a very expensive way to do it if you have to buy the cable. I had a couple of drums which had been given to me when someone was clearing out their stores, otherwise it wouldn't have been done in MICC!

Reply to Customisable consumer units in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock