Discuss Danfoss TP9000 trouble shooting in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Regarding the roomstat (downstairs)this needs a neutral to work efficiently.
The earth/CPC should be parked in the earth terminal or k.o box the stat could be mounted on. You should have a cable out of C.H. ON this is the timed output that feeds the stat the stat then opens the valve.
Do you know what rads are on each zone as it is not always upstairs and downstairs the 1st-floor landing may well be on the ground floor heating zone.
Is this a two story house?
what have you got upstairs and what is its location.
What I would do is strip the system down bell out each cable and make sure that there are no shorts in the cable where two cores are shorted together and start again.

what boiler have you installed? sounds like the pre heat has been left on in the boiler settings to me, get a look in the manual for the boiler.Having this on will give these symptoms!

We know you have not done the installation people are trying to give you possible causes.

I never installed it! Wish people would read the whole thread :)

Can’t think of the make, but it’s a system boiler.

I meant "have you installed" in your propety
Crack on clever clogs, some people are not worth helping!

As well as being an electrician i also have my CCN1 Gas qualification and have ran jobs for social housing installing boilers, up to 15 a week. I know a bit about them and the faults that can be found with them.

I know the problem; its not been wired up correctly. Should be done as an S-Plan +, but as per my previous posts, I'm not touching it, 'cos they'll void the warranty.

Just wish they would get on with it & sort it. Pain in the arse it is.

Having had some notifications on my thread, I’ve thought I’d update, for historical purposes again. Plus can’t sleep cos of a stinking cold.

Way back in April, they eventually sent round one of their sparks/plumbers who knew what he was doing, and reconnected the programmer and stat, in the conventional way. All works as it should now.

Just feel sorry for all of my neighbours, who probably have their systems installed incorrectly.

Reply to Danfoss TP9000 trouble shooting in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock