Search the forum,

Discuss Design Course Question Question. in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi all, Im currently on my design course and have my exam early in december, So we are currently going through a few mocks, And one of the questions has me stumped. It basically describes an installation, I.e 3 core SWA cable feeding a DB in a domestic installation, Which in turn feeds a number of everyday circuits; Sockets, Heating, Garage supply, lights etc.
Then one part of the question asks for a diagram showing how the circuits would be distributed, And I don't really get what to do, Does it need a wiring diagram? or a Plan (I.e showing lights, sockets etc) Our tutor hasn't really explained this yet, And it's a 6 mark question that I could do with getting right, any help would be appreciated.

think it's asking for a diagram of how the various circuits would be connected int MCBs/Fuses in the DB.

Thanks for the replies guys, I think I'll do a Diagram showing The cirtcuits fed from the DB and the correct breaker etc. Alot of the questions seem very vague, So just hoping I can get the hang of them before the exam.

Hi all, Im currently on my design course and have my exam early in december, So we are currently going through a few mocks, And one of the questions has me stumped. It basically describes an installation, I.e 3 core SWA cable feeding a DB in a domestic installation, Which in turn feeds a number of everyday circuits; Sockets, Heating, Garage supply, lights etc.
Then one part of the question asks for a diagram showing how the circuits would be distributed, And I don't really get what to do, Does it need a wiring diagram? or a Plan (I.e showing lights, sockets etc) Our tutor hasn't really explained this yet, And it's a 6 mark question that I could do with getting right, any help would be appreciated.

I drew a DB showing the 2P switch, then the breakers after that with the largest first, shower, cooker etc. Then the 2 rings, 2 lighting circuits and so on. I also put down typical RCBO sizes.

6 points makes me think I'm missing something.

Asking how the circuits are distributed could be taken two ways:
Distribution is cables supplying things
or Distribution is how circuits are spread out.

I would have thought that a diagram of the area showing the cable type and where the cables run, something like this from the old part P document.
(Possibly with less detail for 6 marks)
House Circuit layout.jpg

Reply to Design Course Question Question. in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net