Discuss 305 Design Assignment guidance needed in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Hi I'm currently doing C&G 2365 Level 3
I'm working through the 305 design assignment (Swimming pool, hotel etc.)

Other then this assignment I have 1 exam for inspection and testing and a few practical days before completing.
I have done a fair few searches on google about this project a lot of the time bringing me to this forum.
I just wanted to check I'm doing these questions correctly. I feel confident with most except a few

Q2 d. Show how each circuit in the new hotel extension is to be arranged.

Is this asking to draw the circuits? I have done it this way. So from a submain in the hallway cupboard, distribution circuits to db's in each room (in purple). Then from the submains inside rooms, 1 circuit from the db to each socket outlet and fcu (in green). 1 circuit from db to air handling unit (fused spur) in red.

Then Q3 select with the aid of manufacturers data, suitable protective devises for this contract.

I was going to use 61009-1s for all final circuits, 60898s or 88s for distribution circuits supposing they dont require rcd protection, I assume surface run etc. Also 60898 for fire alarm circuit.

And finally filling out the table Q4

Ib is P/V
In should be equal to or greater then Ib
It is tabulated current worked out from In/Ca x Cg etc.
Iz is the curent carrying capacity of the chosen cable + method of installation?

I can upload pictures if need be.

Thankyou very much!
Sam

Hi Sam,

Also in the process of doing this.

You have to show calculations for all the circuits within the table. Took me a very long time, still actually completing the calculations.

The drawings sounds like you’ve done them right, just remember with the pool/cafe to keep circuits under 30m. I had to add either more boards or split the circuits to stay in this. The specifications does give you all the details you need. Don’t forget the drops to the switches.

61009-1 for every circuit is fine as well. You have to use manufacturers data to provide reasoning why you’re using it and if it meets the Pfc. I’m just about to do this so will happily update you once it’s marked.

For the calculations, I’ll check what I’ve done and update you as I’ve had it marked and okayed for the circuits I’ve done so far.

About to take in question 6 diversity so need advice on that as well.

All the best and will update you on calcs asap

Andew

Hi Sam,

Also in the process of doing this.

You have to show calculations for all the circuits within the table. Took me a very long time, still actually completing the calculations.

The drawings sounds like you’ve done them right, just remember with the pool/cafe to keep circuits under 30m. I had to add either more boards or split the circuits to stay in this. The specifications does give you all the details you need. Don’t forget the drops to the switches.

61009-1 for every circuit is fine as well. You have to use manufacturers data to provide reasoning why you’re using it and if it meets the Pfc. I’m just about to do this so will happily update you once it’s marked.

For the calculations, I’ll check what I’ve done and update you as I’ve had it marked and okayed for the circuits I’ve done so far.

About to take in question 6 diversity so need advice on that as well.

All the best and will update you on calcs asap

Andew
Thanks for the reply mate! Been a bit busy lately so haven't got much more done. I missed the 30m limit at first but was only lighting that exceeded so easily changed. I've done most of the calculations now just need to do the basement area. I'm guessing I'll have to do calcs for my distribution circuit down there to determine the Zs and Pfc of the final circuits.
Did you have to apply the factor for conductor resistance at maximum operating temperature? Wo calculate r1+r2. I applied the factor for ambient temperature and then again for maximum operating temperature but think I should have left out the ambient temp factor...
I can send you my calcs and see how they compare?

Thanks

Reply to 305 Design Assignment guidance needed in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock