Discuss Designing a new dump rinser on a budget in the Industrial Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Need some advice on designing a dump rinse controller. We work on a budget and its bare minimum, our equipment is outdated and needs refreshed, alas we dont have the money to do it. So I was hoping a bargain basement solution may be the way forward. A PLC would be best, unfortunately we dont have one at our disposal and not likely to get one.

24v supply
T1 for 240 secs
T2 for 60 secs
T3 for 5 secs

T1 is the duration of the rinse and will control the spray bars and the fill, this will run constantly when T1 is active.

T2 is the duration of the cycle, this will control the rinse tank valves that keeps the water inside the tank itself. This is the fill cycle.

T3 is the duration of the cycle in which the rinse tank opens and empties the tank.

When all 3 cycles have finished the rinse tank needs to close again and stay up to retain the water, until product is moved to a different process tank or dryer.

My question is, can it be done and how much difficulty is involved? Or if anyone can point me in the direction of a circuit design program to be able to test it out and figure it out myself that would be great. Its probably pretty straight forward for someone to do in here but my brain isnt up to the task.

easy,
siemens logo plc is about £90 to £120 depending on whether a screen is required
15min programing time for someone who knows them
[automerge]1599068415[/automerge]
where in the uk are you? might be able to do you a pre programmed unit that is dusty and used for testing at a bargain price.

Over in Belfast so not too far away. We dont have the skilled labour on site to be able to program the PLC and would need to outsource the programming.

Not sure if I am allowed to post web links but this is the one we currently have in place that has went faulty. The replacement costs are $1300 which isnt bad but I was hoping to get it cheaper as we would need a few of them to replace failing units and have some as backups.

Unfortunately the unit you are referring to is an all in one unit that contains a plc (embedded) and the pneumatic valves that operate the process.

Simpley putting a plc in will not work in this instance.

you would also need to buy all the valves required to operate the devices.
probably best to buy a direct replacement.

Mmm, it seems a 'dump rinser' is not a toilet as I thought it might be.

Reply to Designing a new dump rinser on a budget in the Industrial Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net