Electrical2Go - Online Electrical Supplier
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Discuss Dewalt DCH333 sds............. in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

Does anybody own one of these? I’m tempted to buy one but not sure if they are a bit much for what we need them for.

uHeat Banner - Forum Discount Available

Gavin John Hyde

-
Arms
Esteemed
Got a dewalt 18v sds and seems quite good. I did use a electric one instead when drilling a 12mm hole through a 60cm thick stone pillar. Felt like the cordless was struggling. Mine is a different model but haven't got it to had to check numbers

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I use my 54v dewalt one for drilling a 3m earth rods into the ground no problem
What’s it like for the usual 5.5 mm holes? Is it noticeably heavier than the other Dewalt SDS?

dinger809

-
Arms
I’ve had the 54v for about 18 months and I LOVE it. I’ve not found anything it struggles with. The only thing you will find, if doing long runs of uni strut is that your biceps will double in size. It does get heavy by the end of the day.
Other than that it is the best drill I’ve ever had

It’s only the weight that concerns me. I have a 9ah battery and I know how heavy that is. I think I might regret buying the standard 18v sds

FatAlan

-
Trainee
Did you get the 54v in the end? Need to get one soon as ----ed off playing with extension leads. After a bare bones unit as have the 54v and 18v batteries but should it be 54 or 18?

I got one yes. Brilliant. Unfortunately I only used it a few times and it got stolen from my van on Thursday morning along with my brand spanking new fluke Mft

FatAlan

-
Trainee
Really sorry hear that Casper. What utter s***s! Must admit that I have yet to bite the bullet on a van. My current mode of transport is a clapped out Lexus 4x4 that doesn’t scream out ...I’m full of expensive tools....I hope.
Not a coincidence that someone has noted your recent purchases?
So the 54v not proving too heavy?

My van is a bit shabby looking so hoped it wouldn’t get done but oh well it’s done now. Luckily majority of my tools were at work. When I got the drill I thought it was heavy and to be fair it is but I soon got used to it even with the small amount I actually used it.

uHeat Banner - Forum Discount Available

Reply to Dewalt DCH333 sds............. in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

SuperlecDirect - ElectriciansForums.net Electrical Suppliers
Top Bottom