Discuss Dewalt Electricians Stapler in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

I have a little hand stapler for telephone/alarm cable... makes a lovely neat job of tacking along skirtings etc...
They do, as long as you are careful. Mind you, not had an opportunity to use mine for years. I recall when I was a LOT younger, I'd not seen the tool, and wondered how the BT (or probably, PO back then) guys managed to knock them in - did they use a very small hammer ?
Agree but how would it look if you had multiple cables, be thet Telephone or LV cables clipped to a visible surface, not very pretty I should think.
Correct, they generally don't look very pretty - not helped by the usual "who cares about aesthetics" approach to doing stuff.
I also have one I procured when I was still an apprentice. Mine also does a lovely neat job of stapling through the cable sheath and causing difficult to find faults unless you're very very careful whilst you're using it.
Yes, had a few cases of this. In one case, we had a call from a client to say their internet had gone down. It just so happened that they'd just had their alarm installed - and along one run, the alarm installer had put one leg of nearly all the staples through the adjacent phone cable.
Another one was a network cable that worked it's way from the ground floor to the second floor in what had been an old house but which was now an office/training centre. Luckily by then I'd got my own TDR network cable tester (and had it with me) so could identify that there were multiple breaks due to staples - and more luckily, there were still two pairs intact so I was able to re-wire the run to only do 100mbps which was preferable to replacing the whole cable.

Thanks Gavin , was considering this or the viper clip on shown on dragons den , but can’t find any trace of it since.
So if I understand correctly the dewalt just has one size of staple ?
Yes. The one size clip. About £12 for a box. Maybe cheaper online...
Im actually getting another dewalt nail gun soon. The Dewalt concrete nailer. It drives nails into steel and concrete so great for fixing containment and other things when first fixing. I have a job coming up where i need to run steel trunking all over a small commercial unit.

Im actually getting another dewalt nail gun soon. The Dewalt concrete nailer. It drives nails into steel and concrete so great for fixing containment and other things when first fixing. I have a job coming up where i need to run steel trunking all over a small commercial unit.

That concrete nailer looks good ! Would soon pay for itself on a trunking job. I’ve mostly Milwaukee gear but might be worth getting a few dewalt batteries

Reply to Dewalt Electricians Stapler in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net