Discuss Dewalt Green Laser Level...Which One? in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I'm looking to add a Green Laser Level to the tool collection, but a little torn over which one to get.

I've had a Dewalt DW087K for years and it's still as accurate and good as the day I bought it. Like all red laser levels it struggles a bit in bright conditions.

I'm a little torn between 2 of Dewalts Green Laser offerings - the DW088CG and the DCE088D1G. The current red laser I use has battery life approx 40 hours, the green update it drops right off down to 16 hours, which is making me consider the 10.8v version and a 2nd battery as running costs are eliminated although initial costs are approx £100 more.

Any thoughts or suggestions on which to purchase?

Dewalt Green Laser Level...Which One? RedvGree - EletriciansForums.net

I’ve got the red version of the DW088CG and it’s a pretty good laser. Though I do like the look of the DEC088 but £240! Ouch!

I’ve got the red version of the DW088CG and it’s a pretty good laser. Though I do like the look of the DEC088 but £240! Ouch!
I've the (older) red version of it in the DW087K, its class. Add a 2nd battery to the DCE model and it's £270. It could open up future Dewalt 10.8v tools as an option, but I'm over run with Makita 18v stuff so it's a tad unlikely.

I have the red multi line 3 way laser, it’s a 30hr battery life and I wish I had bought a 10.8v version.

So if it’s only 16 hours with the green line then I’d defo spend the extra, nothing worse than batteries dying and no spares and in the back of beyond to add insult to injury.

Let me know what you think of the green line compared to the red once you get it mate.

Hi - if they say 16 hours battery life, it might be a bit less in practice, just saying. Howe has the 10.8V one a bit cheaper too :) .

Tel, the red ones are virtually invisible in bright light and outdoors.

Green supposed to be more easy to see as it’s a more intense beam, hence the harder battery life.

I bought the DCE088D1G back in May and am mighty impressed with it. It easily surpasses anything that I've used in the past. The green beam is a huge improvement over the red. The rechargeable battery lasts ages between charges. £317.00 gets you the laser, carry-case and tripod. Money well spent. Highly recommended!

Tel, the red ones are virtually invisible in bright light and outdoors.

Green supposed to be more easy to see as it’s a more intense beam, hence the harder battery life.
understand that. my laser sight on my .22 is green, but my work laser is red. it came with a set of red tinted sunglasses. can see it for miles with them on.

I bought the DCE088D1G back in May and am mighty impressed with it. It easily surpasses anything that I've used in the past. The green beam is a huge improvement over the red. The rechargeable battery lasts ages between charges. £317.00 gets you the laser, carry-case and tripod. Money well spent. Highly recommended!
I ordered this laser this morning as I sat in the airport. I got an alert the price had dropped to £207 for the laser/battery/charger/storage box and thought it was too good to miss at that money.

I was blown away with how much brighter the green lasers are compared to the reds when I first saw one in action on site

Our eyes are more sensitive to Yellow Green light
(and Blue / UV does us more harm-More "Energetic")
(a cheap green laser I picked up did have a short life
rating in instructions )..but it was -Cheap-!

I ordered this laser this morning as I sat in the airport. I got an alert the price had dropped to £207 for the laser/battery/charger/storage box and thought it was too good to miss at that money.

I was blown away with how much brighter the green lasers are compared to the reds when I first saw one in action on site

A wise decision! Glad to hear that you managed to get one at a good price.

The joys or targeted adverts. Just goes to show if you are looking at purchasing anything it's well worth googling it and check a few sites. Then wait and you will see it pop up as an item that may interest you.. the power of the internet lol and they say they dont collect data from users. .I suppose the OP seen the advert for laser by acciedent lol

I have the old one as well but it gets very annoying when you can't see the end of the laser and I have to move it because of the light personally I'd go for the green one

Have to say the Green Laser is one heck of an upgrade, would definitely recommend the Dewalt DCE088D1G, it's a brilliant bit of kit. Have the Dewalt DW087k which I've had for about 8 years and is very good...but it's been handy to not to have to try and cover windows this time of year to see the line.

Only downside is the size of the storage case, it's bloody huge compared to the DW087/DW088 cases.

Reply to Dewalt Green Laser Level...Which One? in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electricians Tools | Electrical Tools and Products

Thanks for visiting ElectriciansForums.net, we hope you find the Electricians Tools you're looking for. It's free to sign up to and post a question yourself to find a tool or tool supplier either local to you, or online. Our community of electricians and electrical engineers will do their best to find the best tool supplier for you.

We also have a Tiling Tools advice from the worlds largest Tiling community. And then the Plumbers Forums with Plumbers Tools Advice.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock