Discuss Diode CL04-12 110v 60HZ inverter in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
This is for DIY connecting a 110v 60HZ solard inverter from 12v DC battery to 110v AC 60HZ output. Using a CL04-12 Microwave diode that I already own. I want to know if this diode is right for this.
I want to protect my inverter while I use the electric power from electrical power Co.
And what end of the diode is open. Also if I understand right one end of it goes to ground. Sorry for the info I'm french doing my best.
Thank you very much.

If your idea is that you will prevent grid supply from being "back fed" into the inverter by using this diode.

NO, DO NOT TRY IT.

you either need to buy an inverter that is designed to be "grid tied" or have a suitable changeover switch between the 2 supplies (grid and inverter) and the load you are powering.

This is not a DIY job.

If your idea is that you will prevent grid supply from being "back fed" into the inverter by using this diode.

NO, DO NOT TRY IT.

you either need to buy an inverter that is designed to be "grid tied" or have a suitable changeover switch between the 2 supplies (grid and inverter) and the load you are powering.

This is not a DIY job.
Thanks James for the quick reply it's really appreciated.
What is a (suitable changeover switch between the 2 supplies)
Mean where do I get a changeover switch??

something like this
however the current rating needs to be at least whatever the grid supply is.
i.e. if the grid supply is fused at 100A then a 100A changeover will be required.

Again, this is not a DIY job.
mess this up and people get hurt by electric shock, exploding inverters or fires.
Thanks again is a rotary switch 2 position is the same as changeover switch??

No, they are not the same.
you really need to involve a local electrician in this.

I cant stress enough just how much of a bang it could make if you get this wrong.

Reply to Diode CL04-12 110v 60HZ inverter in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock