Discuss direct fixing tool Hilti or Spit in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

I've done the training and got the ticket somewhere to say that I can use the hilti DX tools.

I've never installed anything with one but the training was a paid skive from work :)

Marc8, I've got the spit 720e gun which I've used for pored concrete work, works really well, make sure you get the proper spit nails tho as the moody alternatives aren't as strong!

I've used both, and my opinion would be for the spit 700e. I think the hilti doesn't catch the concrete as well as the spit, most of the time i'm left with a bent nail and a crater in the roof. Also make sure and get the correct nails, there are orange for hard concrete, (Bison slabs etc.) and black (normal poured concrete)cased nails in various sizes

I've used both, and my opinion would be for the spit 700e. I think the hilti doesn't catch the concrete as well as the spit, most of the time i'm left with a bent nail and a crater in the roof. Also make sure and get the correct nails, there are orange for hard concrete, (Bison slabs etc.) and black (normal poured concrete)cased nails in various sizes

hmm well just had the hilti rep to site and failed to get a fix in the concrete (old concrete is apparently much much stringer than modern stuff) the spit has more force 350J vs 325J but will it penetrate?

Do Spit have Demo units?

hmm well just had the hilti rep to site and failed to get a fix in the concrete (old concrete is apparently much much stringer than modern stuff) the spit has more force 350J vs 325J but will it penetrate?

Do Spit have Demo units?
I've never had any problems with the spit penetrating concrete. The only issue i find is choosing the correct nails for the job. It means i have to keep a stock of orange and black nails (Differant Strengths,) in various sizes and every job requires a little bit of trial and error.

I don't know if they do demo units or not, but in 2007 i got my pulsa 700e for free from a rep on a site at the time. He gave 5 of them away once a certain amount of nails and fixings were purchased through him. Things could have changed a lot since then and i haven't come across any spit reps since then either

Well website lists Travis Perkins as the dealers,so popped into local travis, was told to see the hire manager who told me the website was wrong..................

They do paslode but not really Spit...any way he had the reps card so rang him for me...... ITW construction or something are the UK importer. The rep i spoke to couldn't help but promised someone would contact me. This was wednesday lunchtime. SInce then both myself and TP hire manager have made calls and as yet no one has been intouch to say either they can or can't do a demo or when this is likely happen,we have several hundred meters of tray arriving next week (in need of something like 1000 fixings for this job) and it looks likely that to business will not be going to ITW.......

That would be good its the P370 we are interested in....

Had a rep from a fixings co in Cardiff to site last week and got a cracking deal on a spit 800e. Can pm you with contact details if you want pal

Well website lists Travis Perkins as the dealers,so popped into local travis, was told to see the hire manager who told me the website was wrong..................

They do paslode but not really Spit...any way he had the reps card so rang him for me...... ITW construction or something are the UK importer. The rep i spoke to couldn't help but promised someone would contact me. This was wednesday lunchtime. SInce then both myself and TP hire manager have made calls and as yet no one has been intouch to say either they can or can't do a demo or when this is likely happen,we have several hundred meters of tray arriving next week (in need of something like 1000 fixings for this job) and it looks likely that to business will not be going to ITW.......

That would be good its the P370 we are interested in....
why dont you call itwcp directly?

looks like you can do phone orders direct

why dont you call itwcp directly?

looks like you can do phone orders direct

Lol i did........................ tried the main office number after 5+ minutes of being on hold and leaving a message. No one bothered to call me back, seems they really don't want to sell any gear,

The fact is ITW know we are interested both myself and TP have spoken to the area rep but he doesnt do the cartridge tools. We want a demo before ordering they don't seem to be bothered to offer one

Hilti rep has been great and offered some alternatives, none as quick as the direct fix gun method and speed is the key on this job.

Reply to direct fixing tool Hilti or Spit in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net