Discuss Disagree button. hugh pugh barney mcgrew in the ElectriciansForums.net News and Updates area at ElectriciansForums.net

Could we make so that if the disagree button is pressed you have to make a comment backing your reasons why before it shows?
Seen it used a lot yet people never seem to give a reason why.

If you are going to do that for the 'disagree' button then you may as well do it for the 'dumb' button as well.

Thought I'd give a while before replying :)

Never pay much notice to those mojo's (if thats their name) really. You don't expect a post when some one agrees or likes ones post.

I kinda see your point, but if some one 'disagrees' your post, but doesn't actually have the time or inclination to say why, they can't have much of an argument.

There you are, you can give me one back.

Thought I'd give a while before replying :)

Never pay much notice to those mojo's (if thats their name) really. You don't expect a post when some one agrees or likes ones post.

I kinda see your point, but if some one 'disagrees' your post, but doesn't actually have the time or inclination to say why, they can't have much of an argument.

There you are, you can give me one back.
I know, but how many people look at the ratings, who rated it then see if they have done so? Maybe something on a members page where you can if a disagree rating has been given there is another column saying how many were backed up with a post stating why?

When I click on agree, it’s usually so I don’t have to repeat what’s already been said.
Even then, I generally only agree with the first poster, not all the rest who have basically said the same thing.
I don’t really bother with clicking disagree, occasionally I do as a retaliation and very occasionally if the post is completely wrong.

If you scroll on your phone the dumb button gets hit a few times and you’ve scrolled past it to then ‘de rate’ it.
I always check who clicks ‘dumb’ because I think that rating is quite ‘heavy’ as a reply and most of the time they will be obscure members that have never posted or never get involved hence I think most are mistakes.
My solution - take away all the negative emojis and if one disagrees they will have to post!
Love one another people - jury is still out for loving @SWD though!

I always check who clicks ‘dumb’ because I think that rating is quite ‘heavy’ as a reply and most of the time they will be obscure members that have never posted or never get involved hence I think most are mistakes.

great excuse.... which I am now pinching.... :)

Don’t feel bad Spin, we all have our good sides however much leather and chain and tattoos hide them!
Disclaimer - Huge generalisation but said for effect!

Reply to Disagree button. hugh pugh barney mcgrew in the ElectriciansForums.net News and Updates area at ElectriciansForums.net