Discuss Do you rate your "Veto Pro pac" cases ? in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

LukeD

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I'm thinking of binning my CK "Classic" sparks case as I find i want full access and to be able to see all the tools without undoing the zips etc . Also I plan to get rid of a lot of tools and only carry whats really going to be needed etc .I see these veto stuff on all the youtube guys videos but most of them seem to set up channels just to get free gear !

They are not cheap even when S/H on ebay etc .But was wondering if other brands are just as good etc ???

I quite like the open totes / 'veto' style bags but I would not pay £150 for an actual veto bag

(I do keep one eye on Ebay thou for a veto)

I bought the bullet in January for a Pro Pac TP-XL and so far am glad I did.

Still think it is overpriced (£129), but there's no denying the quality and I couldn't find anything similar at lower cost.

Going from a cheap 'tote' bag type, it has made finding the right tool much easier but also forced me to limit what I carry on my main bag as it doesn't take quite as much as you'd think. That's probably a good thing though, for my shoulder at least....

Really the only downside I have with it is that it doesn't stay standing on its base that well unless you are very careful in balancing the weight in it.

Quality of the material and their warranty means that I will hopefully not need another bag for a long while at least....

I have a Tech XL I got a few years ago. You can get a lot in it and it's really well made, problem is it gets too heavy to carry. Mine now stays in my van to carry all my tools which I then break down to either a tote or back pack as needed for the job.

I have 3 of their products an MC which is rammed, 3 years old still like new

I work on machines now so one side is electrical stuff the other mechanical and the meter bag for voltage tester, multimeter and clamp meter and a few other bits, clipped onto tape measure holder.

People are always surprised at how much is crammed in this little bag, However I have been thinking of getting the LC which is the next size up just to space things out a bit more.

Also have an XL, 8/9 yrs old now as above great for organising but you will end up putting too much stuff in it

I weighed it once when I was doing solely electrical work and there was nearly 24kg in there, lots of stuff I didn't need all the time but saved lots of trips to the van on big sites

I was buying several CK/ Stanley bags a year

Tried the Veto's and yes initially cost more but for example in 7 years I'd have bought maybe 10 bags at @£40 each
XL cost me £130.00
Very well made tool bags that are in a different league hence they cost more but well worth it

I've got a TP5B that is my everyday (read; 2nd fix & service) carry tools and an Aldi open tote with everything else, also a Stanley fatmax dual Access which has pretty much same tools as the TP5B on one side then my impact/combi and bit indexes in the other.

Eyeing up the MCT to replace that open tote bit not pulled the trigger yet

Reply to Do you rate your "Veto Pro pac" cases ? in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net