Discuss Does the 2365 nvq include the 2394/5 in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Been working with a new apprentice at work and he's currently doing the nvq part of his 2365 of the qualifications and once he's completed this and the am2 he says he can apply to to city and guilds to claim his 2394/5 and 17th qualifications. Is this right I took the older nvq and had to take the 16th and I'm still to take 2394/5 course's

Been working with a new apprentice at work and he's currently doing the nvq part of his 2365 of the qualifications and once he's completed this and the am2 he says he can apply to to city and guilds to claim his 2394/5 and 17th qualifications. Is this right I took the older nvq and had to take the 16th and I'm still to take 2394/5 course's

No it's not true. The 2394/2395 are still separate qualifications.

Last edited:
i did think you need a bridge unit for the 2365 to the full NVQ3

and like Lee said the 2394/5 are separate qualifications , but i think could easy pass them.
as for the 17th that is also separate,

should be about to get GRANTS for training up Staff!

I thought this was wrong im hoping to meet his college tutor when showing him the ropes so will get him to explain it better as the apprentice seems happy that he can get 2394/5 without doing the courses

Yes, but he's not the first apprentice I've worked with that have said something along those lines. Maybe they just have to do the written part of those exams instead of doing the testing and multiple choice

he was trained to the 17th so doesn't need the course or qualification.

rubbish the 2394/5 is a lot more intensive exam and they wouldnt just give that away.

in the am2 it is just bog standard r1+r2,ir,ze and zs with a little fault finding, i doubt he would pass the 2394/5 as it is now without really studying for it.

(ive just finished my 2357 nvq this year)

Hi all in the forum
I am a retired college lecturer and may not be 100% sure of all the latest requirements, but think that there is a mis understanding here of the courses and their rules. In my opinion only, C&G 2365 is not the usual apprenticeship route. I think this should be C&G 2357 which includes the unit number required for what we all lovingly call AM2. Also within this course (2357) there is a unit called 605. There are 2 versions that a learner can study for this unit. that is that the college decides whether to teach Assignment 605, or 705. If it is 705 with the relevant exams then the centre can claim 2382 (the 17th regs exam) qualification at the end of the apprenticeship. This is probably where the confusion is. Think it would be a good idea to discuss this with the college as the learner will not get a full apprenticeship if he follows the 2365 route, so needs to ensure he is on the right course from the beginning
Regards
JohnC

Reply to Does the 2365 nvq include the 2394/5 in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net