Discuss Dom installer certs and minors question in the Industrial Electrician Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

S

sparkyork

hi all, maybe paul m or easy fox could help with this one!!

ive been given the opertunity to purchase a set of domistic installer certs and a set of minor works certs all in "write your own" format. i emailed the bloke and asked if they had seriel numbers on them, he sent mail back saying yes they do.

1stly is it ok to buy these off him? with regards to numbers etc??

regards

rich e roo

as far as i know you can use any type of cert as long as you put YOUR DI number on it.the serial number on the nic cert is traceable to you as they keep a record of the numbers when they send them out to you.there is nothing that says you got to use nic certs just because your in their scheme mate.

right cheers paul the actual certs are nic ones of the purple variety i asked if they had serial numbes and he said yes. so im thinking now that i cant get these as like you say there linked to him?

unless you can get purple certs that dont have serial numbers on??

yeah think ill be avoiding, when you get chance try loggin on to nic direct cos its either some serious server problems or my computer thats fuk%%$!

If you are printing your own (using software/word) then it doesnt matter what serial numbers you use, as the numbers are for you to keep a record of works.
The NICEIC serial numbers are exactly the same & also enable the NICEIC to track jobs to an individual in the event of a complaint as they keep a record of who buys the serial number sequence on a pad of certs.

I use easy cert to print my own certs & have changed the fonts so that the certs are purple (same as the NICEIC ones) & have added the NICEIC DI logo to the certs as a header.
Serial numbers I started at 1 & set the software to increment by 1 every time a cert is completed, wether it be a MWC / EIC /PIR etc.
Not had any complaints from the assessors to date & been using them for two years now.

ah thats interesting!! ive got the 17th green ones that i print when i need them, but obviously since joining dom installer i need to use purple ones for domestic jobs. so you dont need nic's serial numbers, seems odd that, so you just send a copy to them and they accept it and thats that? so long as you put your own numbers on em.

dont know whether to print certs individually or get software!!

so say ive got a hand written purple minor works book with serial numbers, then i do the work and notify the work on the brcs site? how do they know what serial numbers ive used are do i input this information on the site?

sorry if im been dumb! its still early days for me yet! lol

so what about the jobs that dont require notifying do nic not find out about these jobs?

so say ive got a hand written purple minor works book with serial numbers, then i do the work and notify the work on the brcs site? how do they know what serial numbers ive used are do i input this information on the site?

You dont need to give any certificate serial numbers.
The serial numbers on your hand written / selfprinted certs are for your records, so you can keep track of jobs to a specific address/customer.

The NICEIC certs that you buy are serial number bundled & are registered to you. NICEIC keep these serial numbers as proof that the certs were sent to you & if a customer complains about a job to the niceic, they can easily trace the person they sold the certs to by refrencing the serial number off the customers cert.

sorry if im been dumb! its still early days for me yet! lol

Dont worry you'll get the hang of it.
By the way you dont have to use purple certs, untill I changed the fonts mine were blue. I have thought of doing a colour change every month :D

so what about the jobs that dont require notifying do nic not find out about these jobs?

Nope why do they need to know?
If you wanted you could register all the jobs you do on the BRCS site & charge to the customer.

cheers matey, yeah its a bit of a moneyspinner for em really! i couldnt log on to the site so ive phoned em up and ordered some minors and some dic's handwritten variety.

turns out the site dont like vista 64 bit or something and thats y i cant use it!!

ive got some green certs already saved on me computer might do what you've done and change them to purple next time round!

lets say i do a consumer unit change and obviously complete test sheets, do these dic books from nic have a duplicate page aswell then?
i give a copy to customer, and one for my records, then log onto brcs and notify the job that way? then the nic send a completion certificate to the customer when they can be arsed??

Reply to Dom installer certs and minors question in the Industrial Electrician Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock