Discuss Don’t let your kid help stripping scrap cables in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

littlespark

-
Esteemed
Arms
Supporter
Patron
Reaction score
She wasn’t. She was at school cleaning utensils after home economics class.
Dried a knife the wrong way....

Don’t let your kid help stripping scrap cables FF6AA6D9-FD50-4AE1-9A29-1A1C0B359A56 - EletriciansForums.net

luckily still has all movement in her thumb.

Yeh. Happened yesterday. Wife picked her up from school and took her to local doctor. Nurse tacked it together with gel strips.

kid says “when daddy cuts himself, he wrappers electrical tape around it!”

nurse said it does the same thing . (Holds it all together so it heals)

her piano practice is on hold for now.... and her netball

it’s sliced across thebottom of the thumb. Lucky it didn’t sever a tendon or something

Unfortunately, this is the only one of 3 daughters that actually gets involved with things at school.
her year house captain, had a poem published in a book and a short story on its way.
she plays piano and trumbone, and is a member of the local villages brass ensemble...
We have to drag the grandparents out to every school Xmas and community concert to show her off.
she’s 12

Unfortunately, this is the only one of 3 daughters that actually gets involved with things at school.
her year house captain, had a poem published in a book and a short story on its way.
she plays piano and trumbone, and is a member of the local villages brass ensemble...
We have to drag the grandparents out to every school Xmas and community concert to show her off.
she’s 12
You’ve got one year left of normality then. Enjoy it while it lasts :eek:

When I was 4 our Mum used to give us a sharp knife to help chop carrots for tea under supervision of course with the warning be careful with it you'll cut yourself and it will hurt!

I've heard its long been common practice in some countries like Sweden

All my family did it , we all got cut on our fingers in the first 10 secs!
And we all learnt to respect knives!

Did the same with my kids but i waited until my Mrs was out!
But they now know not to wave it about or play the fool
Some might say its irresponsible but I think it's a good lesson

my da always taught me to always cut away from your body, but never towards your willie unless yo want to convert to the jewish faith.

Reply to Don’t let your kid help stripping scrap cables in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock