Discuss Don’t you just love it in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Called out to do an EICR after a so called sparks put this CU in and didn’t sign off.

Needless to say, nothing was labelled and yes those are red conductors used to extend CPC’s. The pure laziness baffles me.

Don’t you just love it 5076828E-8717-4150-83AF-FE170F57908E - EletriciansForums.net

Don’t you just love it 769EDD1A-AA64-4EC2-B383-6AAE29462FEE - EletriciansForums.net

That's horrendous, even managed to loose the bus bar cover. Not saying this is the case for everyone but every time I see BG boards I am suspect as generally any poor DIY attempts at changing a board will use BG as they are cheap and readily available from screwfix

I agree, really not a fan of BG boards. The other work this guy carried out in the house wasn’t too great to be honest either...
I would like to rip that thing out and start again, but not very financially viable for my customer that has been well and truly rooked.

Typical arse rough consumer unit change

See 20 of these every single year

I am no longer shocked or surprised when I see one like this

In fact I have come to expect it

RIP out and start again is the only solution

rip out and do it right, be gentle with the poor customer who's penny pinched on having a chancer in on the cheap. don't charge him more than £900. teach him a lesson.

What is sad is so many sparks these days care so little about the standards of their work...

They seem happy to throw any old Shyte up on a wall And charge top dollar for doing so

If I had done that board change when I worked for my old company I would have been sacked on the spot

Reply to Don’t you just love it in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock