Discuss Don't you just love the SNP...... in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Not at all Sean, in fact I think the no vote would increase. With the terrorist situation, oil prices etc I think most Scots would want the status quo ..........for now at least.

SNP have not made many noises towards independence even though they are shouting that Cameron as screwed them. I think they realise that if they would loose again and that would be the end of it.

The world as changed quite a bit from last September and I think talking to friends and relatives in Scotland most people are glad to be in the Union.

Well said Malcolm , thats the feeling I get too from the times I visit , I think many now look at Europe and see despair , and feel that as things stand they are better of where they are...

sadly shakes his head at the wonderment of the arguments..........

As I said UK tax payers.......would the Scottich independent tax payer have afforded bailing out a Scottish crash..........very unlikely

Just google Scottish entry into Europe after Yes vote..........not only spain byt the EU president said that Scotland would not be able to evoke rule 48 and would have to apply again.

Even the UN China made noises about Scotlands admission and like Kosovo could be vetoed

Read it son

?Impossible? for Scotland to join EU, says Barroso - The Scotsman

Spain says it could take independent Scotland years to win EU membership | Politics | The Guardian

Salmond's dream of independent Scotland joining the EU is shattered by threat of Spanish veto | Daily Mail Online

and the list goes on an on

You could trade the British pound but you could not use it as a currency..............so what is your argument.

What would Putin gain from Scoltand................please enlighten

The DWP NHS etc are all centrally run, yes you have departments locally but you would need to set up independant bodies. Again never said you couldn't but at what cost

Again the condescending attitude, it is wonder you can function with that chip on your shoulder. I'm sorry son but how ever much you want to be English you can't

Like the rest of the UK Scotland borrows money to live. Fact. As the 8 th largest economy in the world the UK can afford this because of it's AAA rating. Now with Scotland leaving it was muted that the UK would drop a couple of places but would still retain it's G20 statues and AAA rating

Scotland would be lucky to be in the top 50. Poor credit rating, no power, not in the EU and the cost was not even esitmated as it could not be.

SCOTTISH PEOPLE saw all this and not matter how much Salmond and his cronies played the Nationalist card, it only fooled people like you

I'm not sure you know how the Un works. China is a permanent member of the UNSC and can use its veto there. It can't veto membership of the UN. Another flight of fancy. By the way, pretending Spain soean't have a horse in this race is whimsical. But what sets the seal, and makes your buddy's reference to 'feeding the troll' so funny is your claim of us wanting to be you. Trust me, if there's anything we don't want to be, it's English. Do tell, though, what waving the Union Jack was if not nationalism?

I'm not sure you know how the Un works. China is a permanent member of the UNSC and can use its veto there. It can't veto membership of the UN. Another flight of fancy. By the way, pretending Spain soean't have a horse in this race is whimsical. But what sets the seal, and makes your buddy's reference to 'feeding the troll' so funny is your claim of us wanting to be you. Trust me, if there's anything we don't want to be, it's English. Do tell, though, what waving the Union Jack was if not nationalism?

YES IT Can Russia and your mate Putin is blocking Kosovo.......

Any memeber of the security cancel can VETO membership........are you normally this dense

Is that Scottish soean't............what are you trying to say, now take your time grown men are reading this

Last edited:
Yes I do indeed though I'm based in Saudi

So you live in Kent, are based in Saudi - do you really beleive that you are in anyway qualified to be speaking on behalf of the majority Scots view ?

Obviously everyone is entitled to an opinion, I just find yours rather lacking in any form of credibility - that's just my opinion, so don't get the hump over it.

No I don't think I'm qualified in speaking for the Scots, they spoke for themselves in 2014 and and I'm afraid people like you and Scud still can not accept it.

Not sure why my opinion lacks credibility where I have actually linked to facts and quoted fact when the only argument you put forward is emotive.

We can twist stats and figures to suit as we like, but the bottom line the Scottish people didn't want devolution and speaking to a myriad of family and friends want it even less now and are thanking god they never got it.

I only ever get the hump as you call it when arguments are taken to a condescending level, and it seems that your going down that road with your cohort.

I'm old enough and ugly enough to argue fact only, and if I'm wrong I will gladly admit it.............unfortunately you and the scud don't adhere to that doctrine which is a shame

Well that's a lot of words and options and Googled "facts" Malcolm, perhaps we can at least argee to disagree - to be honest I lost interest in your line of thought when you posted this rather odd remark - you let the cat out of the bag with that one old chap.

I'm sorry son but how ever much you want to be English you can't

oops

And here is another fact about why the no vote saved Scotland from ruin

Saudi Arabia?s deficit problem | Global Risk Insights

Saudi is the richest country in the world and last year because of oil prices they posted the above. Now a No vote argument was that North Sea oil would kick start and support the economy to get Scotland on it's feet....................

No it wasn't. However, I'll take that one. Saudi's economy is pretty well based on oil. Scotland's isn't and never has been, because as I said earlier, we don't see the revenue. So really, it's a non argument.

Last edited by a moderator:
It seems to me that the fact that the two contributors so far living in and working in Scotland, and in my case having been involved in Scottish politics for most of my adult life, are deemed by others to be the least credible as extremely telling.

Keep up Sean I'm pretty sure with even with your intellect you should have no problems distinguishing fact from SNP fiction.

Sorry if the articles in the 3 different papers re EU membership was a googled fact, or the Saudi deficit was ....................though I don't see a google fact from you disputing it.

By the way I don't need google to read and retain things, though it does help to find relevant TRUE FACTS I give you that.

Keep up Sean I'm pretty sure with even with your intellect you should have no problems distinguishing fact from SNP fiction.

I only ever get the hump as you call it when arguments are taken to a condescending level, and it seems that your going down that road with your cohort.

oops, you've done it again - do you realise how arrogant and ignorant such comments come across to folks up here ?

Just out of interest, could you explain the logic that led to you posting the below ?

I'm sorry son but how ever much you want to be English you can't

If only I had won the lottery this week..if only I wasn't an old man I could............if only England had a decent football team

Oh son you are priceless you really are................seems like instead of having a constructive argument we are feeding the troll

Couldn't agree more.

Wow, just got home and what an interesting "exchange".

The way I look at this is that the SNP keep on about wanting more money (from the rUK) and how they would spend it - they have a very simple way to achieve this:

Since devolution, the Scottish Parliment have had the ability to "vary" income rates by upto 3% - so why doesn't the SNP up the tax rates for Scottish tax payers by 3% and then spend this money?

Not exactly rocket science!

Whatever happened to the days of wine and roses us jocks were promised if we stayed?
hmmm that will be a big fat backtracked zero then.
apart from the likes of Michelle mone and Alastair darling who got nice seats in the lords for their "efforts" in persuading gullible pensioners that they wouldn't get a pension if they voted to leave .nice work if you can get it.
looking forward to being a thorn in the political Arse of the U.K. For a while yet anyway.

Whatever happened to the days of wine and roses us jocks were promised if we stayed?
hmmm that will be a big fat backtracked zero then.
apart from the likes of Michelle mone and Alastair darling who got nice seats in the lords for their "efforts" in persuading gullible pensioners that they wouldn't get a pension if they voted to leave .nice work if you can get it.
looking forward to being a thorn in the political Arse of the U.K. For a while yet anyway.

At the risk of repeating myself, I think you'll find that most English people couldn't care less if Scotland chooses independence.

Other than believing in the validity of a United Kingdom on purely philosophical grounds, my opinion is that if you Scots wanted to go then you all should have voted to go and then the remaining country could just have gotten on quite nicely without you thank you very much.

I might go so far as to say that I think you'll find that the overwhelming majority of the English would now be very glad to see you have independence. I strongly suspect that we are all thoroughly fed up with listening to the almost incessant complaining that we get from north of the border.

In fact, perhaps I could ask my MP to add a question to the EU referendum - only for we English, of course, that asks...

"Are you fed up with subsidising free prescription costs and free university places for Scotland and would you prefer it if they were an independent republic without the £, without the Army, Navy & Airforce and without any financial help from the rest of the U.K. "

My guess is there would be a massive vote of YES!

Oh yes and let me just say that Devonport Dockyard would only be too happy to accept the role as the English and Welsh base for our nuclear submarine fleet. Oh yes, and we have enough spare capacity in Aldershot and other Army towns for any army bases that might still be lingering in Scotland. To tell you the truth, we have a huge airport in Cornwall that would also be thrilled to give a home to any planes and staff in that area as well.

Feel free to keep all the land in your country. Oh yes, and all the debt, unemployment, and health costs. Enjoy paying for everything that you currently enjoy. You'll find your taxes dramatically increase and your service levels dramatically decrease. Let's not mention the financial constraints you will have to endure to stand any chance at all of entering the EU and the Euro.

Yes, on balance I think a resounding "for pity's sake, please just go!!" is what you will hear from most of us English.

If, on the other hand you would like to stay as part of the United Kingdom, then I suspect you will continue to be just as you say, "a thorn in the political Arse of the U.K."

Last edited by a moderator:
At the risk of repeating myself, I think you'll find that most English people couldn't care less if Scotland chooses independence.

Other than believing in the validity of a United Kingdom on purely philosophical grounds, my opinion is that if you Scots wanted to go then you all should have voted to go and then the remaining country could just have gotten on quite nicely without you thank you very much.

I might go so far as to say that I think you'll find that the overwhelming majority of the English would now be very glad to see you have independence. I strongly suspect that we are all thoroughly fed up with listening to the almost incessant complaining that we get from north of the border.

My guess is there would be a massive vote of YES!
I would tend to disagree. I would agree a lot of people, in the UK, are quite fed up with hearing this debate. I have no factual figures to back this up. But I also think that many people were also relieved that the 'No' campaign won through in the end. I believe we have a lot to promote ourselves as a nation, the UK and splitting up ultimately would make us all, third rate countries.

Reply to Don't you just love the SNP...... in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock