Discuss ?????doubling up in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Must admit I didn't get the question, I thought it was about parallel feeders. Now I think I know what your'e on about. In effect the original answer (the wind up ) was nearly right, but in reverse.

I guess the government will now make a law, nvq level 23, how to connect a plug head. Without this qualification it will be illegal, you may connect the plug head without level 23, but an official from the council must come and inspect.

If the official finds the 0.75mm2 flex is not doubled over in the said connection point, you will be liable to a fine of £12453.00 or 50 lashes. If anyone states the resistance is lower/greater due to none doubling, they will be sectioned under rule 1342a/hy7. -;

Doubling over makes no difference (assuming a good joint) doubling over just makes the joint easier to make if the terminal point is oversize for the cable.

and i suppose we cant insert the plug into the socket without a proper certificate ,otherwise something will be inserted into us:eek:

I was taught to double up where only one conductor was going into hole, i.e. not on rings to improve both mechanical and electrical connection . The idea that 2 cm MAX of double CSA at ends of cable will have any effect on current is flawed. Increasing the CSA does not increase the current directly, just the capacity to carry current safely. Bigger cables can carry more current with less heating as they have lower resistance. When working out the cable resistance you are looking at the whole cable not just the ends. Also I agree filling the hole gives pleasure to all. Left handed screwdriver, Long weight anyone?

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to ?????doubling up in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net