Discuss Downflow fan heater in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

T

Thomas02

Hi,

Have a potential job fitting a 2kW downflow fan heater in a downstairs toilet. Customer does not want the fan heater operated by a pull cord. Also does not want it operated by a switch outside the toilet room. He wants it operated by a sensor, not a permanent ceiling mounted one but an alarm type sensor to go in the corner of the room and which can be removed easily at a later date. He doesn’t want his young children (ages 2 and 4) yanking a pull cord and possibly breaking it and a simple switch would be too high for them to reach. CU is right next to the toilet and has a few spare ways to put the heater on its own circuit so fairly straightforward but is a sensor of this type possible and how would you go about it. Have not been in the trade very long so every job seems like a massive challenge. Any advice would be much appreciated. Many thanks.

alarm PIRs work on 12V dc. you would need to install a 12V PSU and use a relay. bit of a no-no.

MK do a key switch that's rated to 20 amps, just have that located wherever and have it feed the fan (to the pull cord, or just leave it in the on position and cut it)

Cheapest way which can be easily swapped out for a regular DP switch in the future :)

I don't like this Design myself, anyway however IMO a danlers fan pir rated at 20 amps would be the best and safest method, the heater can actually kick out 2kw and is quite a load, a fan designed PIR would be the best way, danlers are the best IMO, safe and proven throughout the industry, around 40 quid though, JMO.

Reply to Downflow fan heater in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hello, I currently have two switches in my bathroom. One controls the lights above the sink and the other controls a light above the toilet and...
Replies
Views
I am asking on behalf of a friend who has an outbuilding that he uses as an art studio, the building is fully insulated and is currently heated by...
Replies
Views
Hi I'm looking for some advice for adding a time delay on my parent's shower room fan. My parents had a section of their garage converted into a...
Replies
Views
i have a toilet compartment and a separate adjacent shower room and i am fitting one remote extract fan, via a Y splitter to ventilate both rooms...
Replies
Views
i am wiring up a new en-suite: it is about 1.7m square, shower cubicle in one corner, toilet in other, door between, basin next to shower. I will...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock