Discuss Drayton wiser to electromax boiler in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi.
We are looking at installing a Wiser smart heating system inc. trvs
We are currently electric only, with normal rads and a Heatrae sadia electromax combi boiler doing hot water and central heating duties.
Control is via a danfoss tp5000 battery programmable thermostat. This is only a two wire unit. No industry standard back plate so I know I need to wire a backplate for the wiser.
Looking at the wiring diagrams for the boiler and wiser system I believe I need to run a live and neutral from the boiler to the wiser. Is this 240… seems excessive if so, but where best to pick it up, 24 hour on (on boiler) perhaps. Then feeds to HW on and CH on on the wiser backplate. Are these simply reusing the room stat L and room stat R feeds that are currently used for the switching by the tp5000?
Thanks for any thoughts in advance!

Attachments

• 9650B687-8473-469C-913E-C110809D9919.jpeg
    390.1 KB · Views: 6
  • 991B50EF-82F7-42ED-A63A-0265CC493B75.jpeg
    356.5 KB · Views: 6
  • C42714B7-6560-46F1-BA6F-B1C54E2CC98E.jpeg
    480.3 KB · Views: 5
  • 97C0BD2E-BA4D-4597-B0AB-1CF8580CB234.png
    251.8 KB · Views: 6
It looks like you need the single channel version of the wiser control, this will need a permanent mains supply and its switched output connected to the heating L and R of the boiler.

Ah interesting. Assuming then that the hot water heats as required solely on the off peak feed unless the boost button is pressed then on 24 hour. Think I was confused by the diagram for the room stat L and R as one appears to go to the CH switch one to the HW switch

So second look without being an idiot… on the single zone wiser backplate terminal N and L to boiler N and L (pick up from main boiler supply or 24 Hour N and L?) terminal 1 to Room stat L on boiler and Terminal 3 to Room stat R on boiler? Then hopefully job jobbed?
Thanks

So second look without being an idiot… on the single zone wiser backplate terminal N and L to boiler N and L (pick up from main boiler supply or 24 Hour N and L?) terminal 1 to Room stat L on boiler and Terminal 3 to Room stat R on boiler? Then hopefully job jobbed?
Thanks
Yes that is the way to do it

Perfect thanks for reminding me I wasn’t paying attention!
Any preference on where to pick up the N and L? The 24 Hour terminals on the boiler are easier from a wiring perspective than the main boiler L and N being in the same block as the room stat terminals

Reply to Drayton wiser to electromax boiler in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net