Discuss Drink driving advice please.......... in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

MFS Electrical

-
Mentor
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Got you all with some click bait there eh? Bet you all thought I’d been drinking and driving:p

Anyway I’ll get to the point look at this wee beauty I found on Facebook
09BA34DB-4D05-4CCE-A8C4-E4339689F11B.jpeg

I remember when I was young and the annual works party happened. The boss went out drunk got in his car and drove off. Newsflash! NO-ONE died nobody had an accident nobody gave a flying you know what. Everybody thought it was a laugh. Even my Dad was going round and round in circles on his bike to everyones amusement. It was a great time for all. Nowadays you would be socially sequestrated pilloried reviled fined imprisoned exiled for daring to have such "fun"

If you have ever sen the results of some nutter who decided to drive home after drinking in the Pub, at a Party or whatever you wouldn't even contemplate doing, I have driven whilst I had been drinking, many years ago in a different country, and seen the results of such stupidity here in the UK and overseas, not a pretty sight, especially when other people are involved, including Children, don't do it, get a taxi home or walk, or get a hotel room, apart from the indignity of losing your licence, you could have the memory of killing or injuring some innocent driver, or pedestrian, how do you think you would feel then, for the rest of your life, if you could call it a life, murder in any other world.

Cars are more economical / efficient / light - FI / TD mini rockets
-- Dangerous when half cut !
I remember needing full throttle well in advance for hill near my parents in a 1.6l petrol.

Cars are more economical / efficient / light - FI / TD mini rockets
-- Dangerous when half cut !
I remember needing full throttle well in advance for hill near my parents in a 1.6l petrol.
What "Time Machine, hang glider"

Hard to believe that 4 pints was acceptable as a driving limit. Depends a lot on what the average abv was back then though. Being a glint in my daddies eye in 1972 I wouldn't know.

It's become very difficult nowadays to find "session" strength beers of around 3-3.5%, the majority will be over 5% in most bars.

You have had my views LS

An interesting story from a fairly highly ranked police officer, when Barbara Castle first introduced the drink driving limits, she was considering the limit should be half of what it currently is. But she was 'informed' by the big boss of Guinness at the time, if she doesn't set it a 5 units, she'll be looking for a new job next year.

I remember when I was young and the annual works party happened. The boss went out drunk got in his car and drove off. Newsflash! NO-ONE died nobody had an accident nobody gave a flying you know what. Everybody thought it was a laugh. Even my Dad was going round and round in circles on his bike to everyones amusement. It was a great time for all. Nowadays you would be socially sequestrated pilloried reviled fined imprisoned exiled for daring to have such "fun"
Drink driving isn't fun Vorti, it's criminal

Reply to Drink driving advice please.......... in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net