Discuss Driveway audible alert ideas in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

gazdkw82

-
Trainee
Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

Has anyone got any recommendations for a wired driveway audible alert? A friend has a large drive and wants a PIR to turn brick lights on upon vehicles coming up the drive and also an audible alert at the same time.

I doubt there is a device that does both so probably a separate PIR and then something to alert them of a vehicle coming up the drive.

Any suggestions?

Wetroom Store - Network Wetroom Suppliers
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Richard Burns

-
Mentor
Arms
Esteemed
You probably just need the PIR to operate a 230V doorbell as well, possibly through a time on relay so it is not ringing for 10 mins.

You could also fit a autodialler to send you a txt or ring his phone and set the ringtone as something else

ruston

-
Mentor
Arms
Esteemed
Advent Win
You would have to consider small animals on the audible side, maybe limited by a timer .

freddo

-
Arms
Supporter
Esteemed
There used to be a simple lighting system with just this setup, a simple slider selected what function you wanted, lights, lights and beeper etc. the PIRs were 12V. Not sure if they are still made though. The unit fitted a standard double box.

gazdkw82

-
Trainee
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I
There used to be a simple lighting system with just this setup, a simple slider selected what function you wanted, lights, lights and beeper etc. the PIRs were 12V. Not sure if they are still made though. The unit fitted a standard double box.
That would be ideal

Phil Thompson

-
Arms
Esteemed
I was in a house last week with that system. It’s a 4 zone fits a 2G box and each zone has ability to turn lights on and buzz inside separately or together

Can’t recall brand.

Strima

-
Arms
Esteemed
Something like this?

Aico 3000 Range

Reply to Driveway audible alert ideas in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

CK Tools :) The professionals choice when it comes to Electrical Tools
Top Bottom