Discuss EAL Portfolio help - Options-Skills in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Hello, I'm wondering if anyone has done their portfolio through options skills that i could have a look at? I'm struggling to find what is actually needed and any examples i see online are in a completely different format to this one.

Any help would be really appreciated as its driving me nuts! ?

Hello, I'm wondering if anyone has done their portfolio through options skills that i could have a look at? I'm struggling to find what is actually needed and any examples i see online are in a completely different format to this one.

Any help would be really appreciated as its driving me nuts! ?
Don't have any examples but if you approach it logically you should be fine;

RAMS
Kit list
Images during erection, fabrication, testing, making good.
Relevant certificates.

Ideally you want images showing a variety of containment/installation methods and cable systems (singles, t&e, SWA, SY (if possible), MICC (If possible), images showing different stages of testing etc.

If you Google City and Guilds 5357 logbook it'll give you a good solid foundation around which to gather evidence (believe 2357 is thtmature candidate qualification, believe it to have a similar portfolio PDF/Framework) - EAL requirements are likely to be similar or have something to serve a similar purpose.

Actually lol, scratch that. website seems goofy. Says I'm not logged in but I'm able to post. I'll have to get this sorted.

Anyway... Like I said. I'm currently doing my EAL portfolio. What precisely are you having problems with? I have all the PDF documents for the portfolio here.

Actually lol, scratch that. website seems goofy. Says I'm not logged in but I'm able to post. I'll have to get this sorted.

Anyway... Like I said. I'm currently doing my EAL portfolio. What precisely are you having problems with? I have all the PDF documents for the portfolio here.
Hi,

What pdf documents are these? I’m also struggling as I find it difficult to decipher what the unit criteria is actually asking! I’m doing mine at options skills in Birmingham and not getting anywhere with getting any help from the tutors.
I have tonnes of pictures and videos of my work and won’t struggle to get more as I’m with a company that does very varied work but it’s just figuring out what’s needed for each point.

Regards

Hi,

What pdf documents are these? I’m also struggling as I find it difficult to decipher what the unit criteria is actually asking! I’m doing mine at options skills in Birmingham and not getting anywhere with getting any help from the tutors.
I have tonnes of pictures and videos of my work and won’t struggle to get more as I’m with a company that does very varied work but it’s just figuring out what’s needed for each point.

Regards
Hey,

Your tutors should provide you with the unit documents that outline the EAL apprenticeship portfolio requirements. If you want to PM me your email address I'll send you over the PDF documents.

Edit:

For example. Unit EAL-NETP3-05-Terminate and Connect Conductors one of the criteria states that.

"

The learner must be able to: 1.1
Evaluate and apply appropriate procedures to include:
a selecting appropriate tools/equipment to enable termination and connection
b adopting appropriate PPE
c following a safe system of work (e.g. risk assessment, method statement, permit to wor

"

and you must show how you have met a,b and c on three seperate occasions to meet the criteria.

hello mate, hows it going. I have just completed my first two units of my option skills portfolio. Would like to discuss it with someone if possible
Hi pal.
I was wondering how you got on and if you e completed your portfolio yet??
I am stuck on mine. I had the first 5 units back from the assessor and there is quite a few sections that he wants or needs more information or that I have completely miss understood what the question was asking.
If you would be willing to share yours so I could get a better understanding of what to put for the different sections. I would be very great full.
I too am doing it through option skills.

Thanks in advance.
Rich

Hi pal.
I was wondering how you got on and if you e completed your portfolio yet??
I am stuck on mine. I had the first 5 units back from the assessor and there is quite a few sections that he wants or needs more information or that I have completely miss understood what the question was asking.
If you would be willing to share yours so I could get a better understanding of what to put for the different sections. I would be very great full.
I too am doing it through option skills.

Thanks in advance.
Rich
I'll drop you a message tonight.

Reply to EAL Portfolio help - Options-Skills in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock