Discuss Editable forms for emailing unedited able copies in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

oracle

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I'm using the very useful fill in pdf reports and certificates provided here. I have to work around how to email them without them being edited by the customers and didn't want to print them then scan them, so I tried screenshot and it does work. Does anyone know a better way?

Within Acrobat Reader you can create a digital ID that can be used to digitally sign the PDF (signing inserts a digital signature of the name of the ID and the timestamp). When you sign the document you get the option to lock it, which prevents further editing.

This is how I digitally sign my minor works certificates to prevent editing.

Just be sure you don't lose the password for the digital ID :)

Should perhaps add... it's the certificates tool you want... usually found in the 'Other....' section. Click that, you should get a tool bar and the first item (IIRC) is the sign option... click it and you'll get a crosshair cursor which you'll use to position the digital watermark. Click the top left corner of where you want it, hold the button down and drag the outline to the bottom right corner. When you release the mouse button you'll be asked which digital ID to use and at that point you can create one.

I found a workaround..

When you save an editable pdf, and email it to customer… it remains editable.
After saving it for yourself, go to print, and change the active printer to “print to pdf” (on windows)
That gives you a non- editable version that you can save under a different name.

Last edited:
I found a workaround..

Rafter saving it for yourself, go to print, and change the active printer to “print to pdf” (on windows)
That gives you a non- editable version that you can save under a different name.
This is how I use them.

personally, i'll continue to print and manually sign certs. this only needs using 2 brain cells, whereas the digital signing thing has already fried 200 of mine trying various methods.

Should perhaps add... it's the certificates tool you want... usually found in the 'Other....' section. Click that, you should get a tool bar and the first item (IIRC) is the sign option... click it and you'll get a crosshair cursor which you'll use to position the digital watermark. Click the top left corner of where you want it, hold the button down and drag the outline to the bottom right corner. When you release the mouse button you'll be asked which digital ID to use and at that point you can create one.
Thank you, this old dog needs to learn new tricks!

I found a workaround..

After saving it for yourself, go to print, and change the active printer to “print to pdf” (on windows)
Thank you, I tried it on my Android tablet and it worked perfectly! You're the best!

Reply to Editable forms for emailing unedited able copies in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net