Discuss EICR, is amendment 2020 still valid? in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
I have had an EICR carried out by a NAPIT member, but I have noticed the certificate states ‘The inspection and testing detailed within this report and accompanying schedule has been carried out in accordance with BS 7671: 2018 amended to 2020’

Does this make my certificate invalid as I have read this expired in Sept 2022 and new regulations mean it has to be amended to 2022?

That would depend on when the EICR was done. If it was done since Amendment 2 came into force, it should have been tested and inspected in line with the requirements of Amendment 2. If it was prior to the date that Amendment 2 came into force, then yes it's still valid.

Reply to EICR, is amendment 2020 still valid? in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Afternoon all, Just wondering what everyone's response to the following scenario is. Letting agents have asked us to carry out an EICR. There was...
Replies
Views
A long time since I've used this forum. My question is.....With the release of amendment 2 on 28th March '22, would an EICR on a purpose built...
Replies
Views
I've started to move over to AMD 2 forms for my CU installs, if only because the schedule is so much easier to tick and I can stop sticking labels...
Replies
Views
Hi, Really appreciate the help in advance.. I’ve been asked to install an outside socket and a floodlight with PIR. I’m a 4th year apprentice...
Replies
Views
I commissioned an EICR to be done on a property that is in Wales as this is now a requirement in order to let on any new tenancies after 1st...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock