SuperlecDirect - ElectriciansForums.net Electrical Suppliers
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members
Advertisement - Content continues below

Domestic EICR.

Discuss EICR. in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

Hi all.

With the present situation I have some EICR's coming up but obviously cant do them.
I had a look in the GN3 but could not see how long a EICR can over run by.

So if the Domestic house or an electrical cabinet in the street has its EICR ran out. How long do we have to get it tested before its breaking any kind of law or policy?

Bulk Workwear - Clothing Suppliers for the Whole Forum Network

Gavin John Hyde

-
Arms
Esteemed
I wouldnt worry. nobody is going to prison for not getting an eicr in the current climate. only thing for landlord or agent to worry about is if they know it is dangerous ie exposed live parts and do nothing. a lapsed inspection schedule is no issue

Hi all.

With the present situation I have some EICR's coming up but obviously cant do them.

So if the Domestic house or an electrical cabinet in the street has its EICR ran out. How long do we have to get it tested before its breaking any kind of law or policy?
I believe mandatory EICR's are on the way for the rented sector, but otherwise as already stated it is only a recommendation, however some insurance companies may not pay out if their policy stipulates EICR's are carried out on the building at the prescribed intervals. This is only likely to apply to very large or historic properties and commercial/industrial, not bog standard domestics.

davesparks

-
Mentor
Arms
Esteemed
Hi all.

Who set the the required date of testing?

I the places I work the licencing authority stipulates the requirement for EICRs and it is a requirement of their public performance licences.

But for most installations, especially domestic the recommended date of next inspection is just a recommendation and there is no requirement to have an EICR done at all so you overrun it indefinately.

Aico Carbon Monoxide Detectors

Reply to EICR. in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Test Meter - Forum Sponsors since 2007!

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
Top Bottom