Discuss EICR. in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Bear

-
Reaction score
Hi all.

With the present situation I have some EICR's coming up but obviously cant do them.
I had a look in the GN3 but could not see how long a EICR can over run by.

So if the Domestic house or an electrical cabinet in the street has its EICR ran out. How long do we have to get it tested before its breaking any kind of law or policy?

Hi all.

With the present situation I have some EICR's coming up but obviously cant do them.

So if the Domestic house or an electrical cabinet in the street has its EICR ran out. How long do we have to get it tested before its breaking any kind of law or policy?
I believe mandatory EICR's are on the way for the rented sector, but otherwise as already stated it is only a recommendation, however some insurance companies may not pay out if their policy stipulates EICR's are carried out on the building at the prescribed intervals. This is only likely to apply to very large or historic properties and commercial/industrial, not bog standard domestics.

Hi all.

Who set the the required date of testing?

I the places I work the licencing authority stipulates the requirement for EICRs and it is a requirement of their public performance licences.

But for most installations, especially domestic the recommended date of next inspection is just a recommendation and there is no requirement to have an EICR done at all so you overrun it indefinately.

Reply to EICR. in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock