ELECSA Certification Scheme Elecsa assessment

Discuss Elecsa assessment in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

ashdog

-
Reaction score
Hi chaps

Had my 2nd annual assessment with inspector today and passed :)
I was getting a bit worried as i hav'nt done my 17th update as yet, and thought he may try to 'catch' me out but did'nt need to worry it went very well

From what i've been hearing of late it seems a lot of people are going to Elecsa now

Well done also Ashdog ! Seems that way m8 with Elecsa they seem a good choice.
Regards
Kung.

hiya
thinking of joining NIC have 2 be honest, wud join anyone if it didnt invole to much assessement,, did he ask u 2 carry out any tests

Tonytrying,

I was showing him a garage re-wire( new CU sockets,internal lighting and PIR lighting outside)
I had to replace the CU in house that was supplying sub-main to garage as original had no RCD on it.

He asked me to test RCD on CU in house then Zs on sockets in garage, he took a look inside a socket and lighting switch, all in all i found it ok:)

Niceic seem to be set up for the customers where as Elecsa are set up for the contractors so if you want support your better with elecsa as from what ive heard they are very supportive and friendly.

Hi chaps

Had my 2nd annual assessment with inspector today and passed :)
I was getting a bit worried as i hav'nt done my 17th update as yet, and thought he may try to 'catch' me out but did'nt need to worry it went very well

From what i've been hearing of late it seems a lot of people are going to Elecsa now

Well done!
:cool:

where do you advertise local papers yellow pages??? i was in yell.com tht was a complete waste of time all i got was canversers beggin for money all the time lol

Iceman, i have an advert in yellow pages, did have a few nuisance calls at first :mad: but now most calls are concerning work

Lots of my work is as a result of reccomendation from satisfied customers:)

I have only ever known Elecsa but do find them very helpful and easy to work with

i have just paid elecsa online so hopefully they will be getting in touch to book an assessment. as i am just starting out i dont really have any work for him to assess. would it be possible to do a consumer unit change at home for the assessor to look at

i would appreciate any advice on this

Well I am Elecsa registered and also ECA approved for non part P, both very good.

Unfortunately so many people wont accept ECA but want NIC so I am going for the full NIC which also gives you Part P and at half the cost of Elecsa and ECA combined.
Wish I could stay with ECA Elecsa though

I'm currently with ELECSA, have nothing but good to say about them. Their web site is excellent. I think due to the fact that their owned by th ECA helps.
Now......
My membership is due for renewal next month.... and i'm going to sign up with the NICEIC.
The public/councils/builders trust /RECOGNISE the NIC and they pay my wages, its a shame but its a decision based purely on finances.
I'm in business to make a living and ELECSA are not very high profile.

ELECSA.................SORT IT OUT!

Last edited by a moderator:
i have just paid elecsa online so hopefully they will be getting in touch to book an assessment. as i am just starting out i dont really have any work for him to assess. would it be possible to do a consumer unit change at home for the assessor to look at

i would appreciate any advice on this

That would probably be acceptable, give them a ring on their helpline and ask, they will give you a definite answer.

I am also with Elecsa and i am very frustrated with the amount of publicity and awareness for the organisation. NICEIC put a lot of effort into informing customers about who they are and what they do, and i have not seen elecsa doing anything like this. For the amount of money it costs to join you would think they would start to raise their profile to the same level as the nic. i will most probably transfer to nic next year.

Reply to Elecsa assessment in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock