NAPIT Certification Scheme Elecsa v Napit

Discuss Elecsa v Napit in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

T

Trickymicky

Just been on phone to Napit who have quoted me £480 + vat to enrol on Full Scope scheme then £340 + vat for subsequent years. They say with that I can do PIR, Industrial/Commercial/Domestic and test and sign off 3rd party work. These requirements suit me well, however does anyone know the comparative costs for Elecsa to do the same work.

£444 inc VAT.

You don't need a ticket to carry out PIR's either. I have found with NAPIT, if I need the help from Tech support, I'll get a phone call with the help a few hours later or even the following day!

I'm not NAPIT bashing but I have heard only good things about ELECSA and that it why I'm switching to them in a few weeks.

Test and sign-off of the testing is ok but you can't sign off on the design/install part. I'd suggest you recheck that with them.

Yeah that's what they said over the phone. That's why I'd sooner get info and opinion from your lads. I will check it out. Thanks for your help

HI, I've just signed up with ELECSA, had my assessment on monday, and upto now I can't fault them, the guy who came to assess me, was great, put me at ease from thew start. Everytime I have phoned them over the past few months, have found them nothing but helpful, even when I was asking them silly questions, they never appeared to be put out. As far as whats included in the price, commercial doesn't come under the scope of part P, so that doesn't come into it, and as far as PIR's (Sorry EICR) are concerned, Elecsa do ask you to do an assessment, but as long as the client is happy for you to do it(NOT NIC!) and your confident doing them, again don't think it comes into play, just remember you need PI insurance. And agree with topquark, cant't really write a cert for work which you have not done, or been present when its been done, bit risky.

Did they say that?

I agree with Jonny-G . They shouldn't be saying you can sign off work undertaken by others!

You can sign off work undertaken by you/ your company, thats it. You can sign off work undertaken by your employees but no part P scheme allows you to sign off work undertaken by a non registered spark that you don't directly employ.

Last edited by a moderator:
Im with Napit. They dont say you can sign off work done by others. I wouldnt reccomend doing it either. I always get young sparks I know ringing me up asking to sign off their work.

Be aware of Napits 6 year Work Quality Guarantee as well. Not sure if Elecsa offer something similar, but it guarantees your workmaship for 6 years, even if your no longer trading.

Im with Napit. They dont say you can sign off work done by others. I wouldnt reccomend doing it either. I always get young sparks I know ringing me up asking to sign off their work.

Be aware of Napits 6 year Work Quality Guarantee as well. Not sure if Elecsa offer something similar, but it guarantees your workmaship for 6 years, even if your no longer trading.

Its an optional extra with ELECSA. They/ you provide information to the customer in the form of a leaflet and the customer pays if they want it. Not a system I'm keen on personally.

Its an optional extra with ELECSA. They/ you provide information to the customer in the form of a leaflet and the customer pays if they want it. Not a system I'm keen on personally.

Any notified works are covered with NAPIT at no extra cost. I get leaflets from NAPIT that I supply with my quotes.

im sure napits 3rd party testing means that you have to see the 1st fix and the 2nd fix in person to test their work, also you cant sign the work off for part p so basically the installer still has to pay the building control fee's. thats if i remember correctly.

Last edited by a moderator:
im sure napits 3rd party testing means that you have to see the 1st fix and the 2nd fix in person to test their work, also you cant sign the work off for part p so basically the installer still has to pay the building control fee's. thats if i remember correctly.

I am with Elecsa and have been since the Part p debacle was introduced. Never had a minutes trouble with them. Their opinion was you can sign what you like, it is your head not theirs on the block. I personally have tested a few and signed them off for Part P but i have overseen the works from the off. The have signed for Design and Constuction, and i have signed for Test and Inspection. So far no comebacks, but i am very picky when i check (and recheck where required) 1st and 2nd fix.

Ultimately the scheme providers are in it for the money, what you do after you have paid them is of little or no concern to them. After all you tick the box to declare conformance to the building regs, not them, so they wont really give a ---- anyway, if it all goes pete tong its your bum not theirs in the dock.

Cheers..........Howard

Cheers..........Howard

Just been on blower again to clarify the situation with NAPIT regarding 3rd party testing and what they are telling me this time is that I can test and issue an EIC providing its my own employees/ labourers doing the work and also that I have overseen the 1st and 2nd fix stages. They said I wouldn't be allowed to do it if say any other electrician contacted me and wanted it doing. If this is the case surely the system is open to misuse.

Reply to Elecsa v Napit in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock