Discuss Electrical box sinkers in the Industrial Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

when im in a domestic and they got nice wallpaper i cut the box shpe out with a stanley knife aswell so theres no risk of it ripping the paper that is seen

Yep, that's the one, square up a 2g box, draw round and then carefully cut through the paper scoring the skim underneath. I angle the blade away slightly to produce a very slight bevel and this ensures the skim breaks up inwards towards the hole side not the wall finish side.

Waste of time and money. I tried one for the first (and last) time on a block wall and it was next to hopeless. Okay for a DIYer doing 1 socket into therma block. I'm afraid it's the old method that works for this. Go and get the Hilti out.

Any of you guys had much luck with a Scutch chisel for the SDS hammer drills? I've held one in my hand at the supply house, but never bought one. I might, if one of you all has used one before with good results. It might be overkill. I don't know.

Reply to Electrical box sinkers in the Industrial Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I'm installing smart modules in my light switches which means I need to replace the existing 25mm back boxes with 47mm ones. Downstairs all walls...
Replies
Views
Good evening. Currently sorting out my girlfriend’s flat for rent. I’ve found all sorts of bad electrical work. Can anyone advise if this is an...
Replies
Views
I am interested in having a home generator that would provide power to my home when the power is out during hurricane season, etc. I have 2...
Replies
Views
I'll start by saying - I have absolutely no intention of doing any wiring or anything electrical myself. You get someone professional to do a...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Just to be clear, I'm not looking for advice on upgrading but rather just clarification of our existing setup. We need to upgrade the...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock