Discuss Electricians Wanted! in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

S

Spanglishsparky

This relates to all you Brite Sparkies out there not just JIB Sparkies!
Check out the .ZIP attachment!!

Attachments

• J.I.B.Electricians Wanted.zip
    9.6 KB · Views: 166
Perhaps if all sparkies print and "anonymously" pin this on every site notice board and or distribute this in electrical magazines! We might! Just Might! get the point across.
Professionals!! Should be paid professional wages!!!!!

You are absolutely right, I got out of the game 15 years ago the wages are terrible, I spent many long cold hours working on powerstations, steelworks etc, you will often hear a sparky saying ohhh I couldnt live on 40 hours. If thats the case the rate of pay is wrong, overtime should be a bonus payment not a requirement to make a living.

You are absolutely right, I got out of the game 15 years ago the wages are terrible, I spent many long cold hours working on powerstations, steelworks etc, you will often hear a sparky saying ohhh I couldnt live on 40 hours. If thats the case the rate of pay is wrong, overtime should be a bonus payment not a requirement to make a living.

That what makes a mockery of the european law that you can't work more than 48 hours. Not just sparking in some jobs peolple have to work nearly 60 hours plus just to exist let alone live.

I and probably alot more sparks served our time on ****e money for 4 years thinking that when you are out your time you will get a great wage but not anymore as someone labouring is nearly on the same money as you no wonder no-one wants a trade when this happens.

Woah! Do I detect alot of grumpy sparkies out there?
I totally agree with you Richard3009 & ian.settle1
We need higher wages for skilled professionals!
The over time will always be offered anyway because the job always has to be finished yesterday!!
Iv'e seen the rot setting in for years with cheap foreign labour sneaking in the back door slowly but surely, It only takes one foreigner who speaks reasonable english to get a sparky exam and bob's your uncle, he can then supervise up to twelve men! And don't think for one minute that he won't!!
To be fair it's not his fault! It's the employers!!
I woudn't stand a chance of getting a job here in Spain! They look after there own!! Need I say anymore?

Reply to Electricians Wanted! in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock