Discuss Elesca + NIC in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

You are pretty much right, some of the guys on here that are with Elecsa started off with the NIC as they are the "known brand" but are now with Elecsa as the NIC are not what they used to be when it comes to supporting their scheme members.

Go with Elecsa, I doubt you will ever be asked by your customers what scheme you are with.

Just the old company i used to be with used to advertise that there NIC like mad, was on a job once with them and the owner of business had a previous test cert that was just one printed online.

My boss then said thats not worth the paper its written on, you only want test certs that have NICEIC on them

Just confuses me lol

You are pretty much right, some of the guys on here that are with Elecsa started off with the NIC as they are the "known brand" but are now with Elecsa as the NIC are not what they used to be when it comes to supporting their scheme members.

Go with Elecsa, I doubt you will ever be asked by your customers what scheme you are with.
Oh come on, NICEIC are the crem de la crem!:sad_smile:

That's dear! £75 for 50 minor works ? lol!

Why is it £75 for 50 minor works?

The Elecsa fee is for notification costs. You only get charged by Elecsa for notifable jobs, unlike NICEIC, who, I understand, charge you for a certificate number.

To sum up....this thread 'who's best Elecsa or Nic'......another thread on these forums 'whose best Napit or Nic'....come denomonator is 'Nic' as they are the most well know out of the 3 seperate Scam Scheme's.

Tbh i'm still undecided if any one of the three are better for the Electrician/Electrical trade than any other, think it's down to personal choice but by far NicEic are the best known by the general public.

so does anybody know how much NICEIC charge? for some reason i thought it was around £600 for a domestic installer only and £900 for approved contractor but i don't know whaere i have got that from?

Reply to Elesca + NIC in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock