Discuss Emigrating. in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

T

TobyTheSpark

I'm thinking of emigrating in mayb 5 years. I fancy California or something like that. Has anyone here emigrated? Can you earn good money in other countries as a sparky?

I have a few friends which emigrated, to USA, Netherlands, Belgium, Germany. It is not very easy to do it, it is not extremely easy to adapt or find a job, especially these days. And the worst thing is missing the friends and family. If you can take your family with you that’s a big advantage. And of course, you would better find a job before going there so that you know where you’re going. And you will need to have some saved money to cope with the initial expenses which can quite big (at least a few thousands).

Do not know if this will help . But back in 1997 I lived in OZ and the standard of living was 10 fold

Ie rents were a lot cheaper for Quality accommodation not Pits . Eating out bills etc et were a lot cheaper

and I earned more as a robot in a factory than a spark in this country . On that basis sparks in OZ earn

shedloads BUT you do have to do THEIRv exams to qualify and work as a spark Obviously things might have

changed ?. But any country which has a warm climate is a must I would of if i had not been deported .....

If you are single go for it Lie tell them what they want to hear YOU can do anyting you want to me

The time you can't is when you are involved and then kids come along and before you know it the highlight of

your day is Big Brother and forums like this:):):):) horses for courses I would not have it any other way apart

from maybe a bit more sex .... Go for it do not let others drag you down

I'm looking into emigrating at the min - was thinking NZ property seems cheap - living expense seems cheap yet wages seem reasonable for a job which requires no quals so thinking why not give it a go and take the family with me

Do not know if this will help . But back in 1997 I lived in OZ and the standard of living was 10 fold

Ie rents were a lot cheaper for Quality accommodation not Pits . Eating out bills etc et were a lot cheaper

and I earned more as a robot in a factory than a spark in this country . On that basis sparks in OZ earn

shedloads BUT you do have to do THEIRv exams to qualify and work as a spark Obviously things might have

changed ?. But any country which has a warm climate is a must I would of if i had not been deported .....

If you are single go for it Lie tell them what they want to hear YOU can do anyting you want to me

The time you can't is when you are involved and then kids come along and before you know it the highlight of

your day is Big Brother and forums like this:):):):) horses for courses I would not have it any other way apart

from maybe a bit more sex .... Go for it do not let others drag you down

What did you get deported for, wire up a plug top wrong?? ;)

me and the missis are looking into it in about 10 yrs time when shes got her nursing degree and hopefully ill have my electrical engineers degree wel be in our mid 30s then with at least 2 kids at the moment the cards are looking at new zealand or oz weve only been looking into it becuase weve had enough of working our nuts offf only just to keep a roof over our head and still not being able to afford any sort of life

I would love to go but the wife and kids are not that keen.......Looks like I am going on me own

CRAGS, you are in the same situation as my husband. He always wanted to emigrate no matter where, but me and now our kids are not so keen. But who knows, maybe we will emigrate after all….

CRAGS, you are in the same situation as my husband. He always wanted to emigrate no matter where, but me and now our kids are not so keen. But who knows, maybe we will emigrate after all….

you never know what tommrow will bring and maybe there will be a opportunity that everybody will want to do.

Indeed leon17, never say never… Our society is in constant change, and our desires, expectations and opportunities change from day to day as well.

Reply to Emigrating. in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net