Discuss EPO connections in the Canada area at ElectriciansForums.net

J

jonny1

Would someone go to the trouble and explain the connections for an EPO at the distribution board pls. Its a 3-phase 160A

Then it's simple. Just install a 160amp contactor between feed to the board. The coil feed fed from the board, line out through n/c stop button/s. The N direct on other side of coil.
The coil will re-energise if the stop button is released.

If you require reset facility then its a bit more involved.

You would probably need to fit an isolator prior to the contactor also (assuming there isn't one already.)

Sometimes it is advisable for lighting to be fed separate, thus hitting the es will not cut lighting

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to EPO connections in the Canada area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

We are looking for a distribution board to provide 3 * 160A three-phase feeds, but they are basically redundant supply path options so max total...
Replies
Views
We have been provided with an Eaton NZM-1 160A 3P MCCB in a panel for a distribution circuit on a site but was hoping to find technical data sheet...
Replies
Views
Hi, just looking for advice. Ive been to look at a Fire alarm install job. While checking where i will take my supply from. 3 phase sub board, i...
Replies
Views
Good morning all, I am currently working on a House in Multiple Occupation (HMO) consisting of 10 flats, with three parking spots equipped with...
Replies
Views
When there exists a single-phase transfer switch within a 3-phase distribution system, is it necessary for both feeds to the transfer switch to be...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock