Discuss Escalator Power in the Canada area at ElectriciansForums.net

N

nancy

I'm having difficulty researching information on how an escalator is powered. I understand that it uses a 19kW motor and there is a three phase supply, but don't understand how this all works together. Can anyone shed some light?

Well it's a bit topsy turvey, basically you need to stand on this steel like stuff. (depending which way you want to go will determine which direction you opt for)

If the magical stairway is heading down, and you wish to go 'down' stand on the top tread then you should go down (check before you stand on the magical steel)

If you want to go up, the reverse procedure needs attaining. Some times 3-phase is complicated, because there is normally only 2 choices, up or down, the extra phase is now popular for straight-on, airport walkways etc. But this new technology is getting far too complicated for most people -;)

I want to know how an escalator is powered. What does the three phase supply mean and the 19kW motor - is that an AC motor? Not sure were to get this technical info from. I know how an escalator works - chain loops, gears, truss etc; just nothing to do with the above.

I'm having difficulty researching information on how an escalator is powered. I understand that it uses a 19kW motor and there is a three phase supply, but don't understand how this all works together. Can anyone shed some light?

Before anyone could answer your questions then they would have to know your level of knowledge of electrical theory in order to know how in depth their reply may be

You have been given an answer, that they go up and they go down
If you require further insight into the ins and outs then,understanding three phase and single phase electrical theory should be your first project if you are to progress

Reply to Escalator Power in the Canada area at ElectriciansForums.net