Discuss Estate agent and money in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
hello guys

I recently had an estate agent contact me asking for an EICR be carried out, I sent them a detailed quotation with terms and conditions.
These conditions stated £200 will cover the first 10 circuits then £20 for every circuit thereafter.
After spending a day grafting away nocking out 20 circuits i decided to make sure the client is aware there are 60 circuits remaining so please ensure the costs have been aloud for on my return.

I am now no longer getting any response from them and I have the agreed terms communicated by email.

What shall I do to recoup the costs of the day already spent should this wall of silence continue?

Have you got anything in writing/email agreeing terms and job instruction.[/QUOTE

Yes everything is via email and the estate agent said they are happy with the terms via email.
I have always stayed away from estate agents, I am asking to confirm a date to go back so if they continue to ignore i am unsure on the next step

And if they continue to ignore your emails/contact, invoice them for works so far completed.

If you got the go ahead in writing then that's about as much as you can ask for really.

Is there anything they have agreed to that they have not done?

Depends on the set up, I would do one per dwelling, one for the communal. Distribution would be dependant on the set up but would probably incorporate into each dwelling.
I agree however when I asked they wanted one for the entire building which possibly is not the best idea,m

I don't do too many EICR's and certainly none on a block of flats - what's the correct way do them, would it be 1 EICR per flat and a 17th for Landlord/Communal?
I agree I think this would be the best thing however they wanted one very for the entire building, maybe is should explain in more details as I don't think they know what they want

Reply to Estate agent and money in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock