Discuss Euro 5 or Euro 6 Van in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

rolyberkin

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I am in the market for a pre reg van so have the choice of Euro 5 or Euro 6, what are peoples views, it will be owned by my ltd company and I estimate will be with me for three years?

Last edited:
no. it's one that knows where it's going, getting out from all these foreign bureaucrats changing the rules even more often than the IET. and a bloody good riddance.

Is that one that knows where it wants to be going, and has the best intentions of going there, but all the wheels are going to fall off before it does ?
A brexit van is one where you spend 2 years agonising over all the little extras and the cost but then decide the deal is off and you have no van afterall.

I am in the market for a pre reg van so have the choice of Euro 5 or Euro 6, what are peoples views, it will be owned by my ltd company and I estimate will be with me for three years?
Never buy new and avoid finance is my view. you always pay over the odds for a new van and finance can be expensive when you delve into the small print with mileage, damage etc....
I always look at vans around 3 or 4 years old and go for the ex fleet/finance ones as they are often well maintained. Oh and avoid ford transits unless you are going to put extra locks on it as they are easily opened with a £20 gadget off the internet.

I would not buy from new as there are too many horrors heard about, however if you are going for a new euro 5 or euro 6 then euro 6 has to be the choice as the environmental limitations are not going to relax any time soon.
However the next ones will be out soon and override the choice but best to get as far ahead as you can.

Why keep it for only 3 years

Under 3 years there are no MOTs to think about and usually no major services. Some people don't really want the hassle of all this and want to move the van on before it gets too high a mileage.
Most lease deals on new vans run for 3 years.

That’s why as Gavin said, buying a 3 or 4 year old saves loads from new prices and possibly still have that ‘new car smell’ dependant on the user!
Each to their own on new or used.

Fairly set on a pre-registered as will be writing the cost off against projected tax and am in a position to loan the company the money to buy. I just don't want any agg with major repairs on a van, so keen on having a manufacturers warranty and not having the potential agg of worrying about mileage or damage on a contract/lease hire. Having ragged a few vans in my time I think with pre reg or new you are in effect the first person to drive it so at least you know it hasn't been driven within an inch of it's life. The euro 5/6 debate is interesting as you have added costs with ad blu with a Euro 6 but at least are ahead of the curve as far as depreciation on diesel vans and potential future costs inside of the M25 costs are concerned. Still undecided, some good deals on Renault Trafics at the moment!?

A lad at work has a 66 reg transit custom with 7K on the clock, but he started it one morning and said it sounded like a bag of hammers, had it towed to ford who couldn't find anything wrong with it, apparently it started and ran fine, so he's thinking about getting rid of that.
The company I work for have a couple of Peugeot Boxer vans, which one day I got a lift into work, once on the motorway, I happened to glance over at the speedo, the needles were over to the right! Over 100mph! So if you need a fast van, then Peugeot may be the one to get!

A lad at work has a 66 reg transit custom with 7K on the clock, but he started it one morning and said it sounded like a bag of hammers, had it towed to ford who couldn't find anything wrong with it, apparently it started and ran fine, so he's thinking about getting rid of that.
The company I work for have a couple of Peugeot Boxer vans, which one day I got a lift into work, once on the motorway, I happened to glance over at the speedo, the needles were over to the right! Over 100mph! So if you need a fast van, then Peugeot may be the one to get!
has he lost his cat?

Peugeot over a tonne, was it downhill!

Euro - it was in km/h I reckon
No MPH! even Range Rovers were being hustled out of the way! The lad driving boasted that he's had 48 speeding offences in the last month (vans have trackers). He's one of the directors sons so is untouchable! Until pulled by coppers!

Reply to Euro 5 or Euro 6 Van in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net